Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have had my Prius since November, and I have started to notice a considerable amount of chipping in the paint on the hood of the vehicle (and a little on the sides toward the front). It hasn't chipped down to metal, but its definantly noticeable.

I brought it to the dealership, and they told me it is natural for this to happen because of the way the Prius is designed (no grill, hood slopes down toward the ground, etc). Given the large amount of highway driving that I do, I suppose this could be possible. But it still seems a little ridiculous to encounter this amount of paint chipping after only 6 months of owning the car.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also had a problem with that just above the front vent. It took me a little longer to develop, but I don't drive on the highway that much. I should have bought a bra. Maybe I will buy one for the 2004.

Aron

·
Registered
131 Posts
I haven't had a problem with chipping, but the paint on my silver '02 scratches easily. Even removing schmutz with a fingernail and water is all it takes. I made the mistake of using a plastic "doobie" scrubber and water on some bird doo, and now there are two nice circular scratch patterns on my trunk lid. I'm guessing there were sand grains or some such mixed in there somewhere.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's a bit late with all the chips in my hood, but I'm having x-pel done to my Prius. It's basically a clear bra (same coverage area + mirror fronts), I've heard good things from friends that have it. Had I known, I'd have scheduled it with the dealership & mobile installer when I bought it.

Now to get that touchup paint out...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts