Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here at the site. Considering a Prius. I would like a base model, no packages. Roseville Toyota has told me that from the Washington border to Fresno they are not selling any no package car.
That I have to have what he called package 3,4, or 6 or I won't get a car. Is this true? If it is then more than likely I can't get the car unless I go someplace else other than around here to get it. Any info is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Vickie

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Here is what is available, scroll down a bit to see the updated '05 Packages

http://www.priuschat.com/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=4&sid=225d7014e52005b2843633b8a1012017

A package #0 does exist but it isn't really being sold to the public, it seems to be a very limited production for dealer TRAC cars. You may, at some point, be able to pick up one of those once the dealer has kept it and rented it for thier mandatory time period.

The GY or package #1 is only $650 over base and well worth it for side impact airbags.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Vickie said:
I'm new here at the site. Considering a Prius. I would like a base model, no packages. Roseville Toyota has told me that from the Washington border to Fresno they are not selling any no package car.
That I have to have what he called package 3,4, or 6 or I won't get a car. Is this true? If it is then more than likely I can't get the car unless I go someplace else other than around here to get it. Any info is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Vickie
yeah, each region decides on what
packages they'll order and stock.

About the only way to get a "package 0"
vehicle is to get one used from a
rental company (like Enterprise) who
ordered a fleet of them.

Otherwise, go to http://www.toyota.com/prius
and enter in your ZIP code to "Build
and order" your car. You'll see
which packages that your local region
are ordering of the 6 available (usually
only about 3 total in a region).
Then try a few ZIP codes for areas
that you are willing to drive to,
see if they have anything different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know of any Prius that are made without some sort of a package. You will be hard pressed to find one anywhere that doesn't have a package.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Based on conversations with salespersons, I believe the least expensive package you can get in CA is BI (around $1100). buildatoyota.com confirms this, at least for the zip code I tried.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for the info. I did go to the toyota site and build some in different zipcodes. If I was to do way down in South Ca there is a package for $830 but for just $270 more you get the smart key thing. Other zips for other states showed packages too. I thought there was a no package car because either Edmunds or Kelly showed a choice of a no package when I selected options on the site. Oh well, I spent last night laying in bed trying to figure out where I will get the extra $$. Am very excited about the car and where there is a will there is a way!

Vickie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts