Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
In my recent search for our used '04 I found the following--

Standard Equipment
• P185/65 R15 all-season tires on 15" aluminum alloy wheels
• Regenerative Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) with Brake Assist (BA), and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
• Traction Control
• Front Airbags
• Remote keyless entry system
• Child seat anchors and Child door locks
• Engine immobilizer
• Hill acceleration control
• Heated side mirrors
• 60/40 split rear seat
• Steering wheel with audio and HVAC controls
• Shift-by-wire
• Air Conditioning with electric A/C Compressor
• Multi information display
• Power windows/locks
• AM/FM Radio with CD Deck
• Cruise Control
• Dual Sunvisors with driver and front passenger vanity mirrors

Major Available Options
• Package # 1 - Rear Intermittent Wiper
• Package # 2 - Curtain/Side impact airbags
• Package # 3 - Rear Intermittent Wiper, and Curtain/Side impact airbags
• Package # 4 - Rear Intermittent Wiper, Garage door opener and auto dimming rear view mirror, Alarm system, and Smart Entry and Start
• Package # 5 - Rear Intermittent Wiper, Curtain/Side impact airbags, Garage door opener and auto dimming rear view mirror, Alarm system, and JBL 3-in-1 premium audio system with 6-disc CD changer
• Package # 6 - Rear Intermittent Wiper, Curtain/Side impact airbags, and Smart Entry and Start
• Package # 7 - Rear Intermittent Wiper, Curtain/Side impact airbags, Smart Entry and Start, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Fog lamps, and HID and Headlamp Leveling
• Package # 8 - Rear Intermittent Wiper, Smart Entry and Start, Navigation System, and JBL 3-in-1 premium audio system with 6-disc CD changer
• Package # 9 - - Rear Intermittent Wiper, Curtain/Side impact airbags, Garage door opener and auto dimming rear view mirror, Alarm system, Smart Entry and Start, Navigation System, JBL 3-in-1 premium audio system with 6-disc CD changer, VSC, Fog lamps, and HID and Headlamp Leveling

PA P

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Alrighty, here it is...

All information taken from the adver-flyers the dealerships have, from '04, '05, and '06 model year flyers.

I know that '04 was avaialble with no package (also called 'package 0',) but I haven't seen any info on the newer ones available with no package. (Which means that 'package 1' is really the 'base Prius' for those years.) edit: According to Toyota's website, a 'packageless' 2006 is available, meaning it comes without the extra airbags OR Smart Key/Backup Camera/aux-jack stereo. I also find it interesting that for 2006, Bluetooth comes specifically with the JBL stereo, as opposed to the navigation system.

All are presented in the 'package grid' format, but re-typed to be both more legible, and to keep terminology the same between generations. (i.e. 2004 called it 'Smart Entry & Start system', where 2005 and '06 call it 'Smart Key System'.) Also note that in 2005, the rear wiper became standard, so 2004's 'Package #1' became the base model, rather than a package. And, in general, the LETTER designations are the same from year to year. (So, for example, 'GY' includes the extra airbags as the only option in all three years, and 2004's Package 9 is the same as 2005's Package 6, both 'BC'.) I have rearranged the 2005 packages to match up with their 2004 equivalents, which has package 5 between packages 2 and 3, and empty spaces where there is no equivalent 2005 pacakge. 2006 changes too much to do this with.

Click to enlarge

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Great work guys. It's hard to come by the package descriptions for 2004 these days, and soom 2005 package descriptions will be tough to find too.

I thought anti-theft came with more packages than that though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.