Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?
I have been on a Prius waiting list for some time, now. The first sales guy with whom I spoke, told me that he would see what he could do about finding a bare-bones Prius. However, there have been three guys since him who have handled this -er- "department" and all of them told me that Toyota doesn't make a car without an option package of some sort. Are they telling the truth or scamming? Does anybody out there have a "simply skin-on" vehicle?
Thanks!

dznyskp

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
The only package-less Prius I have heard of are ones that people have purchased used from a rental car fleet. (The fleet orders can do a package-less Prius to order, but for a regular retail sale you are stuck with whatever packages your dealership's region orders...)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May I inquire as to which rental car fleet may have Used Prius' available? As far as "regional options" go...I live in central FL, yet hope to move to Pennsylvania in less than a year...certainly not going to find any winter-friendly packages. Arrgh!

:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Here is a tip, I'm making a lot of assumptions, such as the State of Florida requiring competitive bidding for large purchases using gvt money and that a contract vendor is allowed to avoid the bid process. Find the dealer in your state which has the government no-bid vehicle contract for Prius purchases. They will be ordering no package Prii for government entities, or rather I believe that is package 1 Prii (there isn't such a thing as no package, but there are Prii that come with only limited accessories and 2005 package 1 is as stripped as they come). If they are gettign in Package 1 Prii for government bids, they can bundle you in there someplace and get you one also.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
There are some 2004 Prius out there that are package-less. That is, they aren't even 2004 Package #1 RW, so these Prius are about without a rear wiper. (2005 Prius the rear wiper became standard, not in any option package, but an increased MSRP.)

There was someone on a yahoogroup recently who was lamenting that her Prius didn't have a rear wiper, and was wondering how people manage without it... Perhaps you should contact her and see if she'll sell? (I don't remember if it was the spammy 2004-prius or the less-traveled 2005_Prius list.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
try Earl Stewart Toyota in North Palm Beach! i inquired a few weeks ago about a package 4,5, or 6. they put me on the list & i just picked up my red salsa (option 5) on oct. 14.... this was from the internet sales division & they treated me super!! perhaps u can get on the list for an option 1. my prius came with the option 5 & carpets....so i am very pleased... did not have to pay for the toyo guard...or other extra dealer add-ons....they were honest & knowledgeable... also u dont pay for the extra dealer prep fees.... http://www.earlstewarttoyota.com .... just be prepared to pay the florida tax ..... :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts