Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dear Doc,

I ordered my 2006 with #8. It arrived in December with Pkg #3. With the dealer it was a "take it or leave it" situation. I took it. According to the dealer, the leather option was the hold up. Don't know why.

Wyatt 8)

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Toyota is an allocation supplier to their dealers. The typical practice for a Toyota dealer is to work with lot stock and whatever comes off the car carrier when it comes in. Lots of dealers do the disservice of telling their buyers that certain packages are not available and giving "take it or leave it" ultimatums. Those dealers shoudl be driven out of business. Of course, they cannot be driven out of business so long as folks continue to take delievery of vehicles that are not their first choice.

Anyway, your goal as a purchaser should be to find a dealer that will find you exactly what you want and secure it for delievery. Just because the dealers in the region you live in do not carry that package as part of normal allocation does not mean that they cannot get that package. The dealer can do dealer swaps to get the package and color you want, but they have to be willing to go through the work to do that.

If they aren't willing to do the work, then they don't deserve your business.

Another way to get exactly what you want is to put out bids. Find the fax numbers to 20-50 dealers that are within a driving range you are willing to work in and fax them your request for quotes. Include the exact package, colors, delievery time frame and see who responds. Those that respond are interested in doing business with you and that is how you proceed.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
SE dealers/port is a special case, so it is possible. They don't even use Toyota's own extended warranty. Someone getting a package #8 outside of the SE area would be inconclusive to the availability in this area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.