Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my corrected 1099 Div showing my $600. Grant from PA DEP is tax free federal and State. Anyone receive theirs? I originally received a 1099 Div showing it was Federal and State Taxable.

Tony Liscio, my Prius 04 Tideland pearl #6 is the best automobile I drove/Owned in 48 Years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
PA prius

HI
I live in PA and I am thinking about buying a used one from a 2004 #7 but he lives in MD. He said he did not have to pay sales tax when he bought the car from a dealer that was in PA. Does anyone know if I buy a car in MD and live in PA do I have to pay sales tax on a hybrid?
Also is 19,800.00 a good price for a 2004 pkg#7 with 20K miles on it?
Any advise would be helpful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I paid tax on mine which I bought in Chambersburg, PA.
If I had bought the car in MD, they wouldn't have charged
me MD tax. But when I registered the car in PA I would
be required to pay the 6% tax before I could get it licensed.
Charlie

·
Registered
9 Posts
"I received my corrected 1099 Div showing my $600. Grant from PA DEP is tax free federal and State"

Tony, I don't understand, is there some kind of Grant given to buyers of a Prius in PA?

Charlie

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grant for Pa residents

Yes there was a Grant from the State of Pa for those who bought or leased a Toyota Prius. Check with the DEP PA web site or call 1717-772-8908 for more info on the new Reimbursement program.

Tony Liscio 04 Prius Tieland Pearl #6 best car I have driven/owned in 48 Years.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
If I understood the grant correctly, you had to apply for the grant before taking title to the hybrid vehicle. You can order it before applying for the grant, but cannot have actually purchased the vehicle.

Did I interpret the article on the PA web correctly?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I just spoke with Cleo Arp of the PA DEP. Her telephone number is (717) 772-8912. The grant program has ended and you had to apply for the grant before purchasing the car. They are about to roll out a new rebate program where you purchase the car first and then you have 6 months to apply. Having bought my Prius in May of 2004, I’m screwed either way…

·
Registered
9 Posts
firepa63
From what you just said, it looks like that I may be elgible
for the Grant. I'll have to give DEP PA a call.
Thanks,
Charlie

·
Registered
1 Posts
PA Prius Owners

I just got this e-mail from the PA DEP:

With the new Legislation that was passed in November 2004, our program have slightly changed for individuals that live in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (PA). However, we still will be offering our grant program, but that would be more for a business/company and will not be offered to sometime in the summer.

The Department of Environmental Protection will soon offer an opportunity to Commonwealth residents that live in PA to apply for a rebate for the purchase of new hybrid, bi-fuel, dual-fuel or dedicated alternative fuel vehicle. The rebate amount for calendar year 2005 is $500. The rebate will be offered throughout the calendar year as long as funds are available. Rebates will be offered on a "first come, first served" basis. Rebate applications shall be submitted no later than six months after the purchase.

The rebate program will consist the following:
(1) You must be an Pennsylvania Commonwealth resident
(2) Vehicle must be registered in this (Pennsylvania) Commonwealth at time of purchase
(3) Purchase a new hybrid electric vehicle before you apply
(4) Vehicle must be operated primarily within this Commonwealth
Once the program opens, from the date that you purchased your vehicle, you will have up to six months to submit for reimbursement.
Hopefully, this week more information will be available on our website regarding our new "rebate" program. You would need to visit our website at http://www.dep.state.pa.us, Keyword "alternative fuels" for the rebate form and rebate program guidance.
Commonwealth residents that receive a rebate for the purchase of new hybrid, bi-fuel, dual-fuel or dedicated alternative fuel vehicle are not required to submit reports to the Department.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
forwarding with permission from the original poster:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toy ... sage/82844 with corrected URL from http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toy ... sage/82856

Date: Fri Apr 1, 2005 10:43 am
Subject: Good News For PA Residents

I received this email yesterday from Harrisburg.
Hopefully it will help some other PA residents get
some credit for their investment. I've posted the two
downloadable forms on my website that can be found
here:

http://www.kostenbader.com/prius.htm

I Quote Harrisburg:

Hello Everyone!

As promised we have open our program for the above
subject. Please open and read the
documents below.

The Department of Environmental Protect will offer an
opportunity to Commonwealth
residents to apply for a rebate for the purchase of a
new hybrid, bi-fuel, dual-fuel or
dedicated alternative fuel vehicle.

The rebate amount for calendar year 2005 is $500. The
rebates will be offered throughout
the calendar year as long as funds are available.
Rebates will be offered on a "first
come, first served" basis. Rebate applications shall
be submitted no later than six months
after the purchase. For more information, visit our
website at http://www.dep.state.pa.us at
Keyword type in "alternative fuels."

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Thanks
Cleopatra Arp
Grant Officer
Office of Energy and Technology Development
400 Market Street - 15th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Phone: 717-772-8912
Fax: 717-783-2703
E-mail: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
MD sales tax exemption

There was a sales tax exemption (up to $1500 IIRC0 for MD residents for the purchase of a qualified clean vehicle/AFV, under the MD Clean Energy Incentive Program. Unfortunately, it appears that the Act expired at the end of 2004, as my old links don't really work... But it was for MD residents only.
http://www.energy.state.md.us/programs/ ... m#Vehicles

1 - 15 of 15 Posts