Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read lots of discussion about these two codes. After reading some of the posts, it became clear to me this was coolant heat sensors issue. I immediately realized my mechanic changed the coolant a couple of days ago and it may have to do with the coolant level. SURE ENOUGH, I checked the radiator. It was low in coolant. It took one more quart of coolant. I cleared the codes. Drove the car for about 10 minutes. Codes did not appear again.
Before adding more coolant, the red triangle would come on within five minutes. So, I think it is fixed. Next time, try checking the coolant level first. My 2007 Prius has 120K miles. Still same spark plugs, same hybrid battery and same brake pads. What a great car!
I wish did improved the quality of Lexus CT200H instead of abandoning its production. That is the better looking brother of Prius.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Norman the triangle comes and goes. My mechanic removed dashboard and all codes went away. A week or so later the and another one came back. Now the triangle went off again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have read lots of discussion about these two codes. After reading some of the posts, it became clear to me this was coolant heat sensors issue. I immediately realized my mechanic changed the coolant a couple of days ago and it may have to do with the coolant level. SURE ENOUGH, I checked the radiator. It was low in coolant. It took one more quart of coolant. I cleared the codes. Drove the car for about 10 minutes. Codes did not appear again.
Before adding more coolant, the red triangle would come on within five minutes. So, I think it is fixed. Next time, try checking the coolant level first. My 2007 Prius has 120K miles. Still same spark plugs, same hybrid battery and same brake pads. What a great car!
I wish did improved the quality of Lexus CT200H instead of abandoning its production. That is the better looking brother of Prius.
The expected lifetime of the hybrid battery is 12-15 years so don't be too surprised if you start seeing problems. I got no dashboard warnings but noticed I'd lose a bar overnight or more parked longer on batt gauge when our 2004 turned 15. Batt charged to green too fast and easy indicative of low capacity. Changed batt at 165,000. Had third party replace batt and mileage went up some and all is good. We too are on OEM brakes but had plugs changed at 100,000 to keep from losing performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts