Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody suggest where I can get a 2006 owner's manual? A friend just bought a used '06 and it didn't come with one. I said I would do some research.

Thanx!

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Some "nut" on "E" bay wants 50 bucks for the only one presently being offered. I purchased one once for $8.50 but I'm sure the Toyota parts dept can give you an address where one can be purchased for considerably less than fifty dollars.
I find it hard to believe any Prius "could" be sold without the manual! As bad as it is written I would hesitate purchasing this car without one!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
daktron said:
Can anybody suggest where I can get a 2006 owner's manual? A friend just bought a used '06 and it didn't come with one. I said I would do some research.

Thanx!
How much a manual can cost at the Toyota part dept? Just order one from Toyota...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Go to Toyota.com and click on the "For Owners" tab and then on the myToyota login. At that point you need to register your vehicle. Once registered you can enter the site and click on the My Owners Manual tab. The you can search the owners manual, maintenance guide and GPS navigation manual (if applicable). There doesn't seem to be a way to download the whole manual at once but with persistence you can eventually download all the pieces (each chapter is a separate pdf file).

However, if the former owner has already registered on the site you may run into a hiccup. Does anyone know if owners of pre-owned Toyotas can use the my Toyota site? Seems like they would want you to since they place advertising on the site.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts