Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was overcharged $3000 by the dealer and wanted to test a little something...
Contact your dealer via email using a false name and no phone number, tell them you want a #9, any color any interior... How long? and How much? Include the phrase "I can pay cash" and something that expresses how BAD you want one!

How does the quote they give you online compare to what YOU were charged?

I'll update once I get my reply.

I think it would be brilliant if a lot of us were overcharged especially, (or perhaps even test if you had a brilliant experience to see if you'd "get a second one") to compile all of our results, and send them to Toyota. Let them know that their dealers are getting way out of hand, which dealerships and which regions. In contacting my dealership and the first reply I got, apparently the entire staff of that department has changed... hmm... coincidence?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I called Toyota Customer care the other day and asked them about overcharging at dealerships. The lady said since they are independently owed, they can charge what they want even though Toyota still recommends MSRP.

Maybe someone else will know more...

:roll:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have gotten a lot of calls and emails asking $3000 -$5000 over MSRP and I have turned them all down...

Ryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts