Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering when Iordered my new car I was told it would be 4 to 6 weeks, the question is am I really ordering one or am I just hoping that the dealer recieves one close to what Ii want by then, the way others cars are sold ie "Here are 50 cars sell them" :roll:

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Unfortunately, they don't get 50 Prius, usually 5-15 is a closer figure these days.

Call around, often other dealers have or can get what you are looking for, or close.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You're right, they are not ordering your car. When I ordered mine, the salesman suggested a package that was being shipped. He later changed his tune saying that package wasn't being shipped. It came down to him calling me with what came in that month.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Some dealers will "order" a vehicle for you. Which means the dealer is swapping an allocated vehicle with one that is either scheduled to be built or is in transit, or on another dealer's lot. This isn't hard for the dealer to do, but they have to want to do it.

Some dealers operate on an allocation only basis, meaning they are only interested in selling what comes off the car carrier when it arrives. Some however are interested in selling you exactly what you want and as such will go out and acquire the specific vehicle you want.

You may be able to convince the dealer you are working with or any other for that matter if you specify that you are interested in having them do a dealer swap, or finding one that is still in transit and having it earmarked for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts