Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I sure do find this site very useful. Thank you to those responsible.
I have been reading here for a week or so now.
I am very interested in the Prius and I'm considering ordering a 2006.
One local dealer has now said that they can't order until November.
Is this dependent on the dealer location?
Has anyone else ordered a 2006?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
XLR8 said:
Hello all!

I sure do find this site very useful. Thank you to those responsible.
I have been reading here for a week or so now.
I am very interested in the Prius and I'm considering ordering a 2006.
One local dealer has now said that they can't order until November.
Is this dependent on the dealer location?
Has anyone else ordered a 2006?
Thanks.
It is completely dealer dependant. Many took pre-orders for '04s back-when. Then the car got super hot and super hard to get and many ended up selling for over-MSRP to folks that hadn't been waiting or demanding over MSRP from those who'd been promised cars at MSRP.

I think many learned from that and are now just declining pre-orders and waiting to see if the '06 is going to stir the same excitement the '04 did with the new options and (probably the biggest factor) the $3400 tax credit. Why take pre-orders when they'll be able to wait and still sell for monster profits.

That said, there will be dealers willing to take your pre-order, and some of them will actually be honest/fair and treat you right. Check around. If you live in a city, check some of the suburban or rural dealers in a 50 - 100 mile radius from where you live...you may be able to get one easier and more cheaply from one of them than a high demand high pressure local place.

BTW, if you post your location people can give you specific advice for dealers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks Evan.
My location is on the left side under author, do I need to put it elsewhere?
Anyway, I will be checking around like you said.

I noticed something very interesting on the test drive...
That "Park" button...being curious as I often am on tech things...
I pushed it while rolling forward some and bam, complete hault...
There must be a set speed at which it will not engage but where is my question. That button is in close proximity of the one lever (forgot what the lever was, maybe wipers) and I can see how it could get pushed accidentally, especially by someone else other than the Prius owner.
Do you know about this at all?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
XLR8 said:
Hey thanks Evan.
My location is on the left side under author, do I need to put it elsewhere?
Anyway, I will be checking around like you said.
My bad, I didn't look before I hit the reply button. Then I double checked before typing that on the OP that shows up under the "POST A REPLY" box and the location didn't show there. Sorry about that.

I noticed something very interesting on the test drive...
That "Park" button...being curious as I often am on tech things...
I pushed it while rolling forward some and bam, complete hault...
There must be a set speed at which it will not engage but where is my question. That button is in close proximity of the one lever (forgot what the lever was, maybe wipers) and I can see how it could get pushed accidentally, especially by someone else other than the Prius owner.
Do you know about this at all?
I think the set speed is 4mph...but haven't done any independent testing to prove it! If you hit it at a higher speed the dar will drop into neutral.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, if I owned it, I wouldn't want to test it at much faster speed than 4mph either LOL, but you know...gotta check things out during the test drive and even at a good roll it did it so...I mean...you know...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts