Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed my order for a new Prius, fully loaded with Nav. Now I will just count the days. I expect to get it in early December. Has this group died by the way? Where has everyone gone? (Edmunds or Yahoo?)

·
Registered
81 Posts
re: where did everyone go?

Not everyone went away. I still check this board every day. I can't stand the ads with Yahoo groups, and I think that the people here are nicer than on the Edmunds board.
I'm hoping that things will get a little more lively when the 2004 is released.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree....

I agree with David, I hate yahoo......too much drivel. Though it appears the interest has toally died down. How come? Regards Larry

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Re: I agree....

lw said:
I agree with David, I hate yahoo......too much drivel. Though it appears the interest has toally died down. How come? Regards Larry
depends on which list you're talking about.

the toyotaprius (former club) is slow, since everyone moved over to the toyota-prius group.

the toyota-prius group is very active, but a lot more traffic these days is over on the 2004-prius group...

you can always just get the messages in either individual emails (load your inbox) or in the daily digest form. there's only a 5 line text ad at the beginning of the digests that you can skip over, no more ads.

·
Registered
111 Posts
this site better

I check this site daily because I like getting input on my 2002 Blue Moon Pearl. I plan to keep the car for the duration and will be looking for advice/recommendations/precautions as the car ages. I want to see what the long term reliability data will be. I can't stand the Yahoo group. Too many ads. This group seems to have more intelligence!
8)

·
Registered
40 Posts
New 2004 Prius

I too have bought the new prius with package #6!!!! I can't wait for the new curtain airbags, the Nav/bluetooth, and the JBL sound! The interior is the new ivory/brown cloth which sounds gross, but is beautiful (http://www.toyota.com/newprius) with an exterior of super white! The dealer didn't really know when it would come in though. Mid october through late december.....um. Does anyone know how the timing for delivery works?
Also, does anyone know if it gets scheduled maintainence like the '01-'03s?
I can't wait....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Package 9

I ordered package 9, the one with all options. I only got $250.00 off list (at least until I see what happens when I go to pick it up.) I think it was $25750 or there abouts. My dealer throws in 2 years free maintenance and road side assistance with all deals. Also free inspections for as long as I own the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Re: New 2004 Prius

nmpriusman said:
I too have bought the new prius with package #6!!!! I can't wait for the new curtain airbags, the Nav/bluetooth, and the JBL sound! The interior is the new ivory/brown cloth which sounds gross, but is beautiful (http://www.toyota.com/newprius) with an exterior of super white! The dealer didn't really know when it would come in though. Mid october through late december.....um. Does anyone know how the timing for delivery works?
Also, does anyone know if it gets scheduled maintainence like the '01-'03s?
I can't wait....
going by what I've heard on the 2004-prius yahoogroup...

The 2004s no longer have the free/complimentary
3yr maintenance included. Not sure on
the Toyota Roadside Assistance, but I'd guess not.

(You can buy the prepaid maintenance
plans from Toyota, which come with the
Toyota Roadside Assistance. You might
do best to call several dealers for the
best price. MSRP is listed on the
Toyota Financial site.
http://www.toyotafinancial.com/pyv/prep ... index.html )

If you have a techinfo.toyota.com account,
the 2004 Prius Passport to Performance
(Scheduled Maintenance Guide) is available.
After logging in with your account,
using the same browser go to
http://techinfo.toyota.com/ileaf/toyom0 ... 04sche.pdf

The 2004 Prius has a 5000 mile oil
change interval now. There's also
a dashboard warning light to remind
you to change the oil at about the
5000 mile mark.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchase of 2004 Prius

When I was talking to the local Toyota dealerships here in Minneapolis they stated that the major configurations of the 2004 prius was broken down into three catagories.

60% - Standard plus dealer options
35% - Upgraded package without Navigation
5% - The fully loaded model with Navigation

The interesting thing is.. Of the three postings I've seen, and my own purchase, many of us are ordering the fully loaded with Navigation model. Does anyone else thinks that Toyota's estimate for building only 5% with navigation was greatly underestimated?

I heard the dealers here will each get a single car in October for the initial release. Once they are released, they will be able to submit the purchase request to Toyota. I signed a purchase agreement last week, and I was already 9th in line for the new Prius.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Interesting.

Thats too bad about the maintainence. Hopefully, we can twist the dealer's arm. Here in Santa Fe, out of 40 pre-orders, 38 got the upgraded package, 1 got the basic, and I was the 1 who got fully loaded #9. That's interesting about the manufacturing distribution, and who knows if that's true. I changed my mind about white and got salsa red. Those colors look bad on the website, but are beautiful in person. I saw the salsa red, and it's nice. On another note, hopefully those crash test scores come up...

·
Registered
14 Posts
funpilot said:
Just placed my order for a new Prius, fully loaded with Nav. Now I will just count the days. I expect to get it in early December. Has this group died by the way? Where has everyone gone? (Edmunds or Yahoo?)
funpilot:
I ordered an 04 PRIUS on August 26 I was told to expect it some time late October to late November. What dealer did you place your order with? I placed mine with Carlson Toyota in Coon Rapids, MN. I only ordered the rear window wiper as an option.
dupie61

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Virginia Dealer

I live in Virginia and ordered from Priority Toyota in Chesapeake. I plan to use it as a commuting car where I work in NY (yes I commute by plane). They only had one other order besides mine and I am hoping that may help me get it sooner if Toyota tries to spread them out.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Re: Virginia Dealer

funpilot said:
I live in Virginia and ordered from Priority Toyota in Chesapeake. I plan to use it as a commuting car where I work in NY (yes I commute by plane). They only had one other order besides mine and I am hoping that may help me get it sooner if Toyota tries to spread them out.
Don't know where you're registering your car, but... NY has some tax credits (sales tax?) for Prius, vs. your ability to get the Alternative Fuel VA plate that gives single-occupant HOV access on highways in VA...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tax credits

I file both NYS and Virginia taxes. So I should get the NYS credit and the Virginia plates.......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maintenance Program

mnpriusman: I picked up my 04 Prius yesterday so I have first hand infomation about the maintenance program.
I received the three year maintenance, oil and filter changes,tire rotation, fluid changes (converter) inspections, etc. by the way yes to the question about the road side assistance I received a plastic card with phone numbers to call for help along with the car serial number of the car for identification when I call for help.
My wife and I were out driving today and the car is great to drive comfortable to ride in with plenty of head and leg room both front and back. The fit and finish is typical Toyota very good, the paint on the Salsa Red Pearl is very good with NO orange peal in the paint as you find on other cars and trucks, I won't bother to mention the brands you know who they are. The computer system worked as well as Toyota designed it to, working with out a glitch every 2 seconds adjusting and recalibrating the system as we went along. The heat recovery system works great just as you have read in several posts. With the double glove box and the slide out drawer the top arm rest compartment there is plenty of storage in the front seat area.
Prius has done just what the name PRIUS means, to move ahead, and that is just what it is doing to the rest of the auto manufactures.
dupie61

·
Registered
11 Posts
Test drive

I ordered a #9 (BC) package over a month ago. The dealer just got a DEMO in and called me for a test drive.

Murphy was with us. The car wouldn't come "ready" at first. Had to use the start button several times. A bit frustrating because the button itself doesn't indicate "on/off". You have to check the display status.

From a fast start on a slippery curve, the traction assist was more effective than on my Lincoln Mark VIII. The JBL FM stereo wasn't quite as good as the Lincoln's but, I really didn't have time to play with it.

I drove it to a friend's house. His reaction: "Looks like you pulled into my driveway on a roller skate". The car indeed looks weird from a certain angle.

Being used to more powerful vehicles, I was disappointed when I floored it at 30mph. The lack of sound made the car appear less responsive than it probably was.
I didn't realize the traffic on Route 1 was doing 70mph until my wife pointed to the display. It felt like we were doing about 30. Definitely needs a built-in radar detector.

Some dislikes...
no locks on glove compartment or center console.
roof design does not allow for custom sun-roof.
loud beeping when in reverse (warning who?)
manual seat controls
low rear headroom (tallest passenger gets the front seat)
Auto-park feature not sold in the US. (I would gladly sign a legal waiver for it.)

some nice touches...
well designed hatch-back (balanced door, compartments, accessories)
triangular mini portals (reminiscent of the old "fly windows")
good visibility

Overall, it was very exciting to drive.
I had placed my order just based on what I found on the internet.
When the dealer asked what color?, I said: "Blue, gray, green, black, whatever you can get".

·
Registered
11 Posts
programmable options?

I read somwhere (source unknown) that the "repair manual" has codes to disable the backup-beep.

Hope to see a new topic soon, "Hacking the Prius". :wink:

>>...loud beeping when in reverse...

>Ugh! Not a deal-killer, but how awful.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts