Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I did it. I ordered a new 2005. Package #4. Now, the wait begins......the dealership says 4 months.....

The dealership didn't have one availbale, they sold the demo vehicle I drove last week.....I was interested in the backseat room. I really wanted to sit in it agian before I ordered one....but....they sold it...the salesman said the backseat room is "comparable" to the Camry. Can anyone enlighten me? With the seats down in the back, can I fit my Golden Retreiver back there?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
sparky1015 said:
Ok, I did it. I ordered a new 2005. Package #4. Now, the wait begins......the dealership says 4 months.....

The dealership didn't have one availbale, they sold the demo vehicle I drove last week.....I was interested in the backseat room. I really wanted to sit in it agian before I ordered one....but....they sold it...the salesman said the backseat room is "comparable" to the Camry. Can anyone enlighten me? With the seats down in the back, can I fit my Golden Retreiver back there?

thanks!
With the back seats down, we have more room in our Prius than in our Camry. Drove my son and all his belongings to Madison at the beginning of the school year in the Prius. The back seat is also very comfortable for two legged creatures of adult proportion (unlike my New Beetle).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, that's good, I was wondering what the backseat was like...is it 'close" to the dimensions of the Camry--as far as leg, head and "hip" room?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
sparky1015 said:
Ok, that's good, I was wondering what the backseat was like...is it 'close" to the dimensions of the Camry--as far as leg, head and "hip" room?
Seems the same to me, and maybe a tad more room for the unfortunate third person. Leg room is very generous. My 6 foot tall son doesn't whine at me to move my seat forward.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had several 6+ footers sitting in my back seat with no problems.

And with the seats down, you found fit much more then a Lab back there. Nothing to worry about.

If you don't want to wait and you're interested in a state of Washington dealership, I know one that has a driftwood pearl #4 and a white #6 sitting on the lot.

Bob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you don't want to wait and you're interested in a state of Washington dealership, I know one that has a driftwood pearl #4 and a white #6 sitting on the lot.

Thanks, but if I didn't live in the Chicago area, I'd be more interested....Washington state's a HIKE!! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2005/prius/specs.html
Interior Dimensions front/rear (in.)
Head room 39.1/37.1
Shoulder room 55.3/53.0
Hip room 51.0/51.6
Leg room 41.9/38.6

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2005/camry/specs.html
Head room 39.2/38.4
Shoulder room 57.5/56.7
Hip room 54.4/54.1
Leg room 41.6/37.8

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2005/corolla/specs.html
Head room (with moonroof) 39.3/37.1 (37.8/37.0)
Shoulder room 53.1/53.5
Hip room 51.9/46.2
Leg room 41.3/35.4

You should be able to find the 2005s of the Camry and the Corolla fairly easily for comparisons. However, I'll note that even though the headroom spec is the same as for the classic Prius, there is noticably less headroom for tall people on the 2004+ Prius compared to the Classic...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just ordered one myself!

Just ordered a red 2005 with Package # 5. I'm #13 on the waiting list, and they tell me I've got a 12-month wait (yikes!). I also was told that the last Package #9 they got for a guy in 6 months...so I'm hopefull I won't have to wait too long. I imagine the 50% increase in production will help, but then demand will probably at least keep pace with that increase.
I'm curious to see if others who are on waiting lists are progressing in the queue as a function of time. I'll post whenever my position on the list changes (my dealership is notifying me when I move up). I'm thinking about getting on multiple waiting lists--all the dealerships have refundable deposits of $100-500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts