Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just spend a few hours getting my sisters 2015 Prius hood with a broken hood latch cable open. No where on the internet could I find how to do it so I decided to share in case it helps anyone else. You can't access the hood latch from the front of the vehicle, removing the front bumper cover won't help either. You need to get the front of the car as high as possible (I used ramps) but the higher the better. Of course use the proper safety precautions like jack stands if using a jack. If you look up from underneath the vehicle on the drivers side at about a 30 degree angle towards the center of the vehicle you can just see the hood latch. It's on the inside of the engine bay so there is no removing it from the outside. I used a 2 foot piece of pipe to hit the latch and release the hood. If you look closely you will see a spot where you can get the pipe through the radiator hoses and in between the radiator and engine. You will see the spring for the hood latch and just below that an arm with a round hole used to hook a cable. If you push the arm towards the passenger side the hood will pop right open. Hope this helps someone else in need as figuring it out took me far longer than it should have.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts