Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ult ... 3;t=000677

My handle is "farfel" (Seinfeld reference). I read the post, and figured this would be a great opportunity to educate these car folks about hybrids. Their response:
- First they called my 90 mpg claim "bs"...
- then they pulled my membership.

HA! Lesson learned:
- Be careful what you say to non-hybrid folks.
- They'd rather censor you than learn.
:roll:

EDIT: I humbly request all who read this go to that website, and tell them how WRONG they are.... i.e. tell them your MPG. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That was a strange page to browse through. Take the Volkswagen Lupo 3L, it gets 77.6mpg on average and people have no trouble achieving this. This car is quite extreme, but the Honda Insight is even more extreme with the shape and mechanics. You told them that you almost have this as a hobby and do a lot to achieve the mileage. To ban you seems quite strange IMHO.

Do you have an idea of the average age of that community and did you get any notice or warnings about the ban? Well, at least you can feel welcome in here :wink: (Couldn't find the shoulder padding smilie)

·
Registered
515 Posts
We've been through this before. The advice remains the same.

Don't post an extreme. Lupo is totally impractical, so it provides no basis of comparison. Insight is much better, but it still does not come close to representing the average car.

Stick to what people are actually interested in. Don't force them to change. Most want a reasonable sized vehicle with an automatic transmission. This isn't rocket science.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Considering that Volkswagen is my least favorite car maker, this posts will be a chock even to myself!

I have to disagre with you John. The Volkswagen Lupo is more practical than the Insight. It has four seats, where the rear seats are either for childs without legs or some extra cargo, which in the end is more than you can carry in the insight.
The Lupo 3L has other downsides like the tiny wheels that are expensive and wear down quickly, it is a diesel without particle filter, the safety is poor, the expensive materials you wouldn't like to get replaced should you get involved in an accident and the fact you couldn't even get it with air conditioning when it first came out (3L). But it is still more practical than the Insight when it comes to the everyday use.

The subject was about how to get the best mileage. The Lupo has the best mileage. That was why I ment it was worth mentioning.

(Yes, I have a bias against Volkswagen, but I have a good reason for having it)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah, as an old VW owner

I have to agree about VW. As an old VW owner, I have to say that VW has destroyed their once excellent reputation. It is sad. People today expect reliability in a vehicle, and nothing VW produces today is reliable. Shame on VW.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John1701:

Well that Oil Site post was originally about the Civic Hybrid. People said it made no sense to buy one, because it is too expensive to replace the battery, and the Civic Owner was better off to just buy a normal Civic. I corrected their misconception by saying the battery does not need to be replaced, shared my own experience with the Insight Hybrid...

...they called me a bullshiter, which was totally uncalled for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts