Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered yesterday that it is no longer feasible to park my Prius into a compact car space! The 2002 fit very nicely into compact spaces, but the 2005 was too tight a squeeze for me, and I certainly didn't want to risk scratching the paint on the new car!

Fortunately, the other advantages, even on my AM package (damn I wish I could have afforded the NAV system!), far outweigh this particular liability. And I need the extra interior space anyway to haul my musical keyboard around for work, so it's all good!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
But it's the same length (ok, 3" shorter) than a Corolla and I reckon is only slightly wider too

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Be glad you don't have a Murano! A friend just traded hers in because it was so wide in the back end that she kept whacking into things (like the supports on the garage). On some of us, an ample backside could be described as callipygian. :) On a car, it's just a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
splain "callipygian" :?:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Although I'm awaiting my Prius' delivery, I just had to join a group whose members use words such as callipygian. A word more frequently used to describe Jennifer Lopez, but not wholly inappropriate as a description of the backside of a Prius.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I thought it is midsize because of interior volume, and perhaps, rear legroom, neither of which indicate greater width.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Outside dimensions:

2004-05 width: 1725 mm (67.9 in.)
2001-03 width: 1695 mm (66.7 in.)

2004-05 length: 4445 mm (175 in.)
2001-03 length: 4305 mm (169.6 in.)

2004-05 height: 1475 mm (58.1 in.)
2001-03 height: 1465 mm (57.6 in.)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
An04Prius said:
Callipygian, adj., of, pertaining to, or having a well-shaped or finely developed buttocks. :wink:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Sanny said:
An04Prius said:
Callipygian, adj., of, pertaining to, or having a well-shaped or finely developed buttocks. :wink:
How is that pronounced?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
melgish said:
How is that pronounced?
calli PIJ ee an.

Gotta love a forum that has a happy mix of Prius tech AND vocabulary. :lol: I have to agree with Altamont (post above). What's not to like? :D

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ok, last question... can I use that to describe my wife w/o her slapping me silly? :oops:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
melgish said:
Ok, last question... can I use that to describe my wife w/o her slapping me silly? :oops:
Well, it was used to describe me once, and I grinned and blushed. ;) How do you think I learned the word! :D (Yah, ok, it was 25 years ago, but STILL!)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sanny said:
An04Prius said:
My wife used the word in a song lyric when we wrote "All About Love," a musical adaptation of Plato's "Symposium":

A man will brave the depths so Stygian
For a sweet youth callipygian.

The Murano, however, sounds as though it's merely the automotive equivalent of steatopygian - "A protruberance of the buttocks, due to an abnormal accumulation of fat ...." (Oxford English Dictionary)

·
Registered
508 Posts
coloradospringsprius said:
A man will brave the depths so Stygian
For a sweet youth callipygian.
Guess that is a little classier sounding than "I like that wagon you're draggin'."

... I'm sorry - what's this thread supposed to be about again? :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I want to go on record as choosing not to go there. But unfortunately I'm already on my way back

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
melgish said:
I want to go on record as choosing not to go there. But unfortunately I'm already on my way back
Need a lift? :D

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sanny said:
melgish said:
I do, but I don't know where I would start. :|

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hep said:
Sanny said:
melgish said:
I do, but I don't know where I would start. :|
Well, Little Prius seats 5, so there's room for me, you, Melgish, and 2 more! ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts