Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the correct quantity of oil to use for the ICE for an 04 Prius? My dealer tells me 4 quarts, but I think I read that it is closer to 3 quarts. I have not been able to locate the ICE capacity in the owner's manual.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
3.9 quarts
how the hell do you measure .9 ?

i've never changed the oil in a P*....but I can only imagine doing it like you suggested "adding a little at a time".
Get to around 3.5 quarts in then start the "add > check"......."add > check"......."add > check"......."add > check".......

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Put in three full quarts and the level will be halfway between ADD and FULL, which is perfect. If you did put in exactly 3.9 US quarts you would find that you have overfilled it, because you can never get every drop of the old oil drained out.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
When I get my oil changed, I usually tell them Mobil 1 and only put in 3.5 quarts. Leave the bottle with the leftover half-quart on the floor of the passenger seat, please.

That usually works out perfectly for me. Execpt for the last time, when I forgot to tell them Mobil-1. That reminds me...I still need to make up those stickers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts