Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do toyota dealers in VA offer free oil change/maintenence @ 7500 or 10,000 miles for 04 Prius? When I took my car for an oil change @ 3000 miles they told me that the next one would be free but now they say that the previous service guy did not know about it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
toyotalover said:
Do toyota dealers in VA offer free oil change/maintenence @ 7500 or 10,000 miles for 04 Prius? When I took my car for an oil change @ 3000 miles they told me that the next one would be free but now they say that the previous service guy did not know about it.
It's my understanding that the free oil change policy offered to "classic" Prius buyers was discontinued with the '04 model, leaving it to the individual dealers to determine whether or not they want to offer such a service (not likely given the current demand). I bought my '04 last fall and was given one free oil change.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
My first oil change with Jim Coleman is free. They offered a maintenance plan that I do not think was horribly expensive, but have not seen any promotions around Northern Virginia offering any kind of service for free. May I suggest that free is not always good. With the oil change places you genrally know what is going into your car and you can watch the work be done....

·
Registered
381 Posts
After buying my 2004 at David Maus Toyota:
  • received a letter in the mail saying my first oil/filter change was free for having purchased ToyoGuard Plus[/*:m:1abwmu29]
  • received a "certificate of completion" from their "new car care clinic", good for a free oil/filter change[/*:m:1abwmu29]
Neither was Prius specific, but I'll take what I can get. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts