Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I received a shock! Not from the HV battery, but from what I saw. While driving by a local Chevy dealership, there was a 2004 Prius on the used car lot. What was that previous owner thinking???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,233 Posts
Dealer probably bought it from another dealer.

Put the Prius out front, put a high price tag, get the ppl to come in looking at the Prius, tell them about a Chevy vehicle, sell them that Chevy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
firepa63 said:
Today I received a shock! Not from the HV battery, but from what I saw. While driving by a local Chevy dealership, there was a 2004 Prius on the used car lot. What was that previous owner thinking???
Just a guess, but probably something like: Anything, anything, for a proper dashboard and controls again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
Well, to cut the previous owner a LITTLE slack, we have had a couple of PriusOnline members post their relatively new vehicles for sale on the boards. The Prius isn't inexpensive, and if the purchase were heavily financed, any disruption in the income stream could cause the purchaser to need to get a lower priced car. Maybe the sad owner needed lower payments?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,285 Posts
Two theories:
1) The owner realized he could get MORE than he paid for the car with current gas prices,a nd didn't need the extra car anyway.
2) Did you check the hood? Did it still ahve the Toyota logo on it, or did the Chevy dealer stick on his hood ornament in hopes of artificially upping his sales quota?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
I don't know if firepa63's system can stand another shock, but there ARE people out there who MUST buy a new car every year! Maybe their '05 just came in!

Alternatively, maybe one of the celebs that owns one in every color, got tired of that color.

Or the driver unexpectedly went blind and had to give up her driver's license.

There, you see? Everything can be explained....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Astrowoman said:
I don't know if firepa63's system can stand another shock, but there ARE people out there who MUST buy a new car every year! Maybe their '05 just came in!

Alternatively, maybe one of the celebs that owns one in every color, got tired of that color.

Or the driver unexpectedly went blind and had to give up her driver's license.

There, you see? Everything can be explained....
The shock came from seeing it at a Chevy dealer. Why would someone trade a Prius in on a Chevy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
firepa63 said:
The shock came from seeing it at a Chevy dealer. Why would someone trade a Prius in on a Chevy?
They got enough money to afford a Corvette?

They moved closer to their job and wanted a Corvette?

The 'Vette is like the only car Chevy makes that makes me say, "Yeah, that's hands down much better than the Prius".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
OR the owner traded the 04 in on a used 2001-2003! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
firepa63 said:
Today I received a shock! Not from the HV battery, but from what I saw. While driving by a local Chevy dealership, there was a 2004 Prius on the used car lot. What was that previous owner thinking???
I'd be curious enough to find out. Let us know if you do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
it's quite simple really. the prius owner was married to/related to someone who had a GM car that broke down.

prius owner sadly trades in new pri for 2 GM cars.

and $500 cash.

hmm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
An04Prius said:
...and the Prius is the only way they can be sure they will have transportation reliable enough to fulfiill the guarantee!
I like that response. There may be a lot of truth in that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
hyperion said:
I don't understand you folks. When was the last time you visited a GM dealer. Did it ever dawn on you that he wasn't a MPG freak but just someone curious about hybrids and now has satisfied his curiosity!
Hopefully, he diidn't take too much of a bath and is back in something more practical for himself.
Good luck... everyone here has pretty much shot the kool-aid right up their veins. :)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top