Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are expecting 104 degrees today. The interior of my Prius, even with the window shade installed on the windshield was nearing the melting point of lead! "Enough" said I...I went and got them tinted! Boy...What a difference now. Looks better too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
We have had the same kind of extremely hot weather here, and I am also going to have my windows tinted. I wanted to ask you, though, whether you have heard of "ceramic tinting" and, if so, if you would let me know if that is the kind you bought? I believe that someone here remarked that it was quite good at reducing heat transmission.

Thanks,
Jim

p.s. How about that oil change interval!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Alphawolf said:
We are expecting 104 degrees today. The interior of my Prius, even with the window shade installed on the windshield was nearing the melting point of lead! "Enough" said I...I went and got them tinted! Boy...What a difference now. Looks better too.
I heard my battery fan for the first time yesterday driving home after neglecting the sun shade...Looks like tinting is in my future. So please, tell us what you got, and post pics :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Do a search for Huber Optik. It's the ceramic tinting. They claim no fading, no effect on radio signals, and it's supposed to reflect infrared better with higher visible pass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.