Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hubby picked up his Honda Insight today, so we are now officially a 2 hybrid family. We definitely feel we are doing our bit to ensure the planet is a cleaner place for when our son grows up :D

I'm attaching a photo, hope this picture isn't too big, I tried to make it as small as I could while still being able to see it and couldn't find anywhere stating what size it should be, so here goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Great looks! Should be interesting comparing two different hybrid cars. Congratulations.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! So far the Prius is a lot smoother on the road and coasts great, and gets 100mpg up to around 20mph whereas with the Insight, as soon as you take your foot off the gas, you pretty much stop, instead of a steady coast. It also doesn't seem to want to do purely battery when going slow speeds.

Hubby managed to get it up to 74.1mpg which he was most impressed with.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I assume they're both silver? The Prius looks greyish and looks pretty damn smart! Toyota should've offered that kind of grey! (or maybe a tad darker)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Insight is Silver, but the Prius is Driftwood Pearl, kinda a tad bit darker than gold, almost a taupe color. But they do compliment each other, we always have to have cars that look good together :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats on the new Insight. If you got the CVT version the mpg will not be as good as the 5 speed. With the 5 sp I usually average around 90 mpg on the highway. The insight never runs in pur electric mode but will cut fuel to the cylinders when cruising on the highway. Also if you do not want regen while coasting you just need to apply a slight pressure to the gas pedal and keep the bar graph display at 150 mpg. I bought my 2000 Insight new and have nearly 130K miles on it with no problems. We are a 4 hybrid family (00 Insight, 01 Prius, Two 04 Prius) and still have a Civic VX that was rated at 57 mpg highway as a conventional car. Have fun, Rick

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, and I thought we were good with 2 hybrids....good for you!!!! Thanks for the info on the Insight, I'll let hubby know so he can drive it accordingly. He has wanted one since they came out in the late 90s, so finally he has one and he is so proud to drive. He can't wait to see the reaction of people at work tomorrow when they see it parked there.

Funnily enough, I got pulled over by the Police yesterday....I knew I wasn't speeding as I was come down a slight hill (30 in a 35mph) and getting 150mpg (sweet), but it was just that he ran our plate and it still showed our last car (just bought it that day) so he wanted to double check....thankfully hubby had left the paperwork in the glove compartment to prove it....but I thought it was amusing for people driving by to see a little hybrid pulled over and I'm sure they were thinking "How could that car have been able to go 35mph, let alone over the speed limit?"....hehe

Great to know there are other hybrid families out there, you are an inspiration to all SUV and gas guzzler drivers (just a shame they don't take any notice :wink: )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts