Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think.

When you have the NAV on, and the arrow is in the circle as you drive along, does the name of the road always stay on under the arrow, (in a little box),or just when you change roads (as in from Atlantic, to US1, that sort of thing...)

I can't recall, and it seems like it's on all the time now. So what do I do? Anyone with any Ideas, let me know!

Thanks!

TJ

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question, but I can tell you that if you have the NAV screen on and you hit the "map" button on the steering wheel, the NAV display will show you the current road and even the street addres of where you are, if available.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BIF said:
I'm not sure I understand your question, but I can tell you that if you have the NAV screen on and you hit the "map" button on the steering wheel, the NAV display will show you the current road and even the street addres of where you are, if available.
Yeah, I know that...but what is puzzling me here, is on the BOTTOM of the screen, right by the arrow surrounded by a circle (shows where you are on the road), the street name is showing up, and I don't recall that before. Not only that, but it seems to block part of the arrow, the lower part.

Shoot. This is more of a visual question, (since then you could see what I am asking about), as well as, maybe it was there all the time, and I just never noticed before.

·
Registered
54 Posts
TJandGENESIS said:
I think.
When you have the NAV on, and the arrow is in the circle as you drive along, does the name of the road always stay on under the arrow, (in a little box),or just when you change roads (as in from Atlantic, to US1, that sort of thing...)
Mine always shows the street name under the arrow in heads-up mode. I don't recall if it does in north-up mode.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hybrideyes said:
TJandGENESIS said:
I think.
Mine always shows the street name under the arrow in heads-up mode. I don't recall if it does in north-up mode.
North up mode?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
TJandGENESIS said:
hybrideyes said:
TJandGENESIS said:
I think.
North up mode?
page 9 of the 2004 Prius Navigation Owner's Manual: Orientation of the Map.
North-up screen, Heading-up screen. Both diagrams have the street on the bottom.

(I've never paid attention enough in my husband's 2004 BC to notice if the street is always there...)

However, looking at the Screen Configuration pages 53-56, the street appears only listed on the single or dual map. You do see the current street in the turn list, arrow screen, and freeway information screens, but not in the loction that was originally asked on this thread. I don't see the current street on the compass mode or the guidance screen, though.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mrv said:
TJandGENESIS said:
hybrideyes said:
TJandGENESIS said:
I think.
North up mode?
page 9 of the 2004 Prius Navigation Owner's Manual: Orientation of the Map.
North-up screen, Heading-up screen. Both diagrams have the street on the bottom.

(I've never paid attention enough in my husband's 2004 BC to notice if the street is always there...)

However, looking at the Screen Configuration pages 53-56, the street appears only listed on the single or dual map. You do see the current street in the turn list, arrow screen, and freeway information screens, but not in the loction that was originally asked on this thread. I don't see the current street on the compass mode or the guidance screen, though.
Hmm. I think the guidence screen is where I am seeing the current street info. See, I'm not sure if I pushed a button and it's stuck there...or if this is a glitch...or if there is anything to do, to reset it.

Is there a reset? A default that I am missing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts