Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I got a phone call, the caller ID read 111-111-1111 so I let the answering machine pick it up.

It was some guy named George and claiming to be the President of the United States of America. There was some other stuff about my vote in Florida being the deciding factor, but I got bored and wandered away before the message finished.

I wish these people would find a more productive way to spend their Sunday evenings.

·
Registered
363 Posts
melgish said:
I wish these people would find a more productive way to spend their Sunday evenings.
Hey if he wasn't calling you, he would probably be out bombing somebody.

(Please note that if this same message had been posted four years ago, I would have responded the same way, replacing "bombing" with "balling")

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After starting this thread, I went back and carefully listend to the entire message.

I was told by George W. Bush that MY VOTE could possibly be THE DECIDING VOTE in tomorrow's presidential election.

So it's absolutely clear now that I must vote for ME. I simply cannot pass up this chance to be the next ruler of the free world.

All Hail President Melgish!
[insert theme here]

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I had something funny happen today. On my business computer, I have Norton Parental Controls installed (to keep the peons doing peon work,) and I tried to go to a website that was pro-ballot-measure-36 (an Oregon state constitutional amendment that would define marriage as a union between one man and one woman,) and Norton wouldn't let me there because it was considered 'hate speech'.

It's funny, here in Oregon we have all vote-by-mail. I sent in my ballot the day I got it in the mail, yet I still have to be bombarded by ads on TV, get the same obnoxious recorded messages, and receive pounds of political junk mail. (Heck, the day after I mailed my ballot, I not only got 5 for me, I got 5 that the mailman mis-delivered that should have gone to my neighbors!)

·
Registered
66 Posts
ehurtley said:
It's funny, here in Oregon we have all vote-by-mail. I sent in my ballot the day I got it in the mail, yet I still have to be bombarded by ads on TV, get the same obnoxious recorded messages, and receive pounds of political junk mail.
Last night I was wondering why local politicians continue to pay for television ads as most of the Oregon electorate has already voted. This morning I got my answer when I came into work to find 3 co-workers frantically filling in their ballots while trying to find a local drop-off stop for the votes they should have mailed four days ago. :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts