Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone worked with Oakland, CA Toyota? They called me last Friday to offer a silver 6 or a silver 9 at $3,000 above MSRP. They were both on the lot that day (and were sold that day). Kinda suspicious that whoever ordered them changed their minds.

My issue was the 3,000 over. I understand capitalism. They have said if a red or green 6 comes in, it's mine at MSRP. Gold or blue would be fine w/ me but not at 3k over. I'm worried (and have told them this) that they'll only be offering me cars at 3k over MSRP.
Has anyone else bought from them?

Of course, if you're willing to pay, call Oakland. We need the tax revenue and 3k over is that much more tax.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a pattern with them. If so, I'd point out that beside rude, this isn't Prius industry standard. Also, if people are feeling ripped off at the purchase, why would they ever bring that car back to the service dept. Of course Oakland's actions are reflecting on Toyota and Broadway Auto row. If this is an established pattern of theirs, I'd just like to know so that I could make a few calls.
Thanks for anyone's help. :roll:

·
Registered
186 Posts
They called me last Friday to offer a silver 6 or a silver 9 at $3,000 above MSRP. They were both on the lot that day (and were sold that day). Kinda suspicious that whoever ordered them changed their minds.

My issue was the 3,000 over. I understand capitalism. They have said if a red or green 6 comes in, it's mine at MSRP. Gold or blue would be fine w/ me but not at 3k over. I'm worried (and have told them this) that they'll only be offering me cars at 3k over MSRP.
Has anyone else bought from them?

Of course, if you're willing to pay, call Oakland. We need the tax revenue and 3k over is that much more tax.
++++++++++++++
You could go to North Hollywood Toyota and get bent over for $5k. See a pattern?

·
Registered
19 Posts
its supply and demand, its how the world is going to work no matter what. The nasty thing is that people on free lists get booted for people who will pay the mark up. I paid $500 upfront to be on the lexus rx 400 hybrid list a month ago so that won't happen. If you have $500 laying around maybe go put yourself on the list for that car, if the prius mark up is $3000 I'd say you can sell your place on the lexus list for $5000 or more.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Alex,
I definatley have my $500 keychain. Oakland has had my money since Jan.
I think I'll start shaking some trees. In addition to district managers and Toyota, I can go to Mayor Jerry Brown. He has a commercial asking people to buy cars in Oakland to generate revenue. I was going to anyways but I'm sure the Mayor would like to hear that Oakland Toytota's actions are yet another detraction from Oakland.

Anyone else have ideas on who to contact?
Pauline

1 - 4 of 4 Posts