Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people periodically worry about the suggestion not to leave the car undriven for extended periods of time. I left mine at Wally Park on Oct 29 for a a 4-day visit that turned into a 3-week major bummer. So I left everything configured as normal, Smart Key on, 12-V fully connected, etc. When I retrieved it last night it was a perfectly happy little Prius. I only wished I hadn't been so unwilling to put the HOV stickers on it as the drive home took about the same amount of time as the second flight leg from Denver to LAX.

·
Registered
919 Posts
That's great news, Astrowoman, as many of us have wondered whether extended trips affect the Prius. Sorry about the bummer trip. Glad you're back swimming online.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Doesn't it suck how it always seems that RETURN trips are the ones that get the most delayed? Out of about 10 flights I've taken over the past couple of years, 4 of them were delayed by something and EVERY SINGLE ONE was on the return leg...departure legs were smooth as silk every single time.

·
Registered
736 Posts
not driven for three weeks

Astrowoman,
Thanks for the timely info regarding leaving the Prius. After some discussion and some measuring, we decided we will take our Lexus instead of the Prius on a two week trip to Kentucky for Thanksgiving. With the two of us and two Yorkies and their crates, etc., it was going to be pretty tight in the Prius. Anyway, I have been a bit concerned about it sitting that long, but now will not have to worry, many thanks to you. Sorry your short trip went awry. I finally put the small sticker on the lowest point of the right rear bumper area, and use one on a magnetic sheet trimmed to size and shape on the right rear fender when I know that I will be using the HOV lanes.
Roger V

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all. The manatee pic I took while snorkeling. If I'd known the car was going to sit that long, I'd have turned off Smart Key and Bluetooth as they both spend some energy polling. Even with both enabled, it did fine.

Is there a thread with source for suitable magnetic sheeting? I got some at Office Depot and it doesn't seem strong enough to hold on the side panels... don't want to derail this thread, though, into another sticker discussion.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
kenlacy said:
Nice Manatee. When we lived in Florida they'd swim under our dock and we'd jump on them and go for a ride.
Good thing the authorities didn't catch you.

I don't believe bluetooth is active when the car is off. After all, you can't make/take calls through the audio system if the car is off.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DanMan32 said:
I don't believe bluetooth is active when the car is off. After all, you can't make/take calls through the audio system if the car is off.
Good point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts