Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
melgish said:
I don't know what you Floridians did to piss off God, but he's trying pretty hard to wipe you all out now, isn't he? :D

At least this one's a 'small' one, comparatively. Good luck either evacuating or battening down. (Let's see, up to 'Jeanne'... Only 16 more to go before 'Zeke' comes baring down on you! But from the present ratio, only 6 more will actually hit Florida. :p )

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
ehurtley said:
I don't know what you Floridians did to piss off God, but he's trying pretty hard to wipe you all out now, isn't he? :D
It's the 2000 elections... still; trying to eliminate the problem before the 2004 elections. :p

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, this time we've decided to hunker down instead of running like hell.
Of course, the storm has until 6:00 AM tomorrow to change my mind.

Man, I need a beer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
waiting to exhale

We in southern Georgia appreciate Florida's efforts to save us from the storms. This one is not big enough to make me move with my menagerie of pets, but I wish you better luck this time.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't believe it.... Hurricane going to Melbourne, then up the coast, so I go to Polk City...And so does the storm...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I went to Macon, GA until it came toward me. Then I went to Hilton Head, SC where I am now. The surf looks very rough. I am safe in a hotel right now. I think I'll just hang out here and have drinks in the Tiki bar.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
It's true! It's the election!

A friend sent this to me by email. Interesting...

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Funny - but I highly doubt God would want anyone to vote for a candidate who would allow abortions, particularly partial birth abortions.

Maybe the Hurricanes are the Devils work - which would make a lot more sense!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I usually don't let myself get dragged into religious or political debates (nobody ever 'wins' in those debates, both sides seem to end up MORE sure of their posistions, they just make me feel exhausted and 'dirty' for participating,) but here goes.

The God you believe in is not the same as what everyone believes in. The God I believe in doesn't promote hatred and dictatorships. He promotes loving and kindness, and FREEDOM. Freedom to do what you want, without infringing on the rights of others. What I do with my body is of no concern to you. Yes, I know that the definition of 'others' varies. That is why abortion will be the last major philosophical debate to ever be 'settled'. Some believe that live doesn't begin until birth, some believe it begins at intercourse. Personally, I believe that 'life' begins once the zygote becomes a fetus, but that 'intelligent life' doesn't begin until there is measurable brain activity, which is usually near the end of the second trimester. That is the point where I believe abortion should be made illegal except in cases of medical necessity. And yes, I do believe that there are times when even late-term abortions could be medically necessary. I also agree that 'partial birth' abortions are abominations. Why not just perform a C-Section? If you don't want the child, get the C, and put them up for adoption.

But, don't impose YOUR morality on my body, or my private actions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive seen those sites before u have like an expected life time.you get the questionarre on things like do you smoke and how often do u exercise and they add or subtract years for each question.they are quite random!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts