Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at four different Nokian tires that would be a direct replacement for the Goodyear (lackof) Assurance tires that are wearing out on my 2005 Prius (185/65R15).

Any thoughts on the relative advantages and disadvantages of these tires? I'm in Oklahoma, so snow is rarely an issue. Dry and wet traction are major issues as well as a quiet ride (which is why I'm not looking at Hydroedges).

The tire place claims that all 4 Nokians are about the same in terms of low rolling resistance due to silica in the tread.

Here are the candidates:

Nokian WR (88H) 50K mileage rating 17.4 lb. weight

Nokian i3 (88T) 80k mileage rating 18.3 lb. weight

Nokian NrHi (88H) 50K mileage rating 17.4 lb. weight

Nokian NrH2 (88H) 50K mileage rating 17.4 lb. weight

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
215 Posts
Any responses to Mike's question? I'm also interested. And I'm wondering whether the "about the same in terms of low rolling resistance" is correct.

PA P

·
Registered
591 Posts
I can't speak of use on the Prius but I have Nokian WR tires on a Pathfinder. They aren't noisy, wear very well (100,000 km guarantee), work well in rain, snow, and dry. I would put these on my Prius in a second (when I finally buy it). They made a world of difference on my Pathfinder.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nokian Advice

I have had the NHRi's for almost a year. They do not create a milage hit. They stick to the road, and rain handling is superb.
Looking at the I3's, the only noticable benefit is that they are not directional, thus you may get more total miles out of the tires due to having a side-to-side rotation option. Nokian's are "environmentally sensitive"in their construction components. So that adds a bit to our overall Prius sensibility factors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.