Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my car for almost a month now. When I was waiting for it to come in I bought seat covers and ordered a special design tag from my local horse tack store.

Well I got the car and theres no place to put it in the front! :(
Today I saw a Prius and parked next to it. I noticed that it had a what looked like a tag frame that had been installed.It was a new car so I guess it came with it. Is that something you have to ask for? or can you get them somewhere and install yourself?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Tennessee doesn't require a front plate but I got a frame and the materials to install it when I purchased the car. I've never put it on so it's still in the hidden storage compartment under the cargo area.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh thats great. I'll have to look tomorrow! thanks

If its there I guess I'll have to take it off my truck and use it on the prius as originally planned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
front plate holder

Here in Jokelahoma we don't have front plates but that didn't stop the stupid dealer from drilling holes in the bumper cover in order to place their name in their mounting frame on the front of my car. I wanted to remove that junk but then I'm stuck with two holes in the front bumper cover that could only economically be fitted with some little plastic plugs to get back just a little of the clean look that I prefer. At the time I complained of this idiocy the salesman's surprised response was "You didn't want that?" and offered to pay for any replacement vanity tag that fit my interests. Apparently my interest in having a clean as completely possible look to a new car wasn't what they wanted. And all this was after telling them to leave off the dealer labels and such. To be fair they did leave off the other labels, but drilling holes was the greater insult.

Now that I'm finished venting allow me to encourage you to not mount any front plates. The cars look so much nicer without them, IMHO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that I'm finished venting allow me to encourage you to not mount any front plates. The cars look so much nicer without them, IMHO.

Gary.....I almost agree . The plate I have would make my car look extra classy :) I will just have to post a picture to see if you still feel the same after you see it If you do thats ok :D

DanMan Your right I haven't done that. :shock: Been too busy having fun driving it!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hey Windy, another horse person! Cool! Mine came with front frame installed since CA requires front and back). What seat covers did you order? How good are they with barn dust and horse hair? I've had my Prius for a while, but my horse was in pasture recovering for much of that time, so only now is it getting the full barn experience...

I have my "I cook with wine and sometimes I even put it in the food" frame on front and my dressage one on the back. Can you believe when I took it to the dealer for its first service they asked if I didn't want them to take those off and put their frame on??? Since I bought the car there, I'd clearly already gotten rid of the dealer ones... what were they thinking????

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Astrowomen ..

I wrote this to you on the thread you asked about mats and seat covers. You must of missed it.

Living at a barn ( I board horses and own 10 ) that was the first thing I bought for my car. SEAT COVERS . In fact I bought them one week before I even got the Prius. I saw the sharpest looking ones at Target and HAD to have them. They were grey with a Argle design.(white. pink and blue)They go perfect and look soooo good. I can relate to the dusty, sweaty flithy with various bits of hay, etc... on person.

Good to see a kindred sprit altho the dressage I find tedious after foxhunting. I do try tho
:lol:

Can you post pictures on here? I'd like to show my plate tag I'm talking about. I know you would like it even if Gary doesnt! :)
We horsewomen have to stick together you know.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yes, I did miss that. Unfortunately (?) I have the side curtain airbags and you have to use seat covers that don't block the airbag deployment from the seat side! Thus they need to be designed exactly to fit. Sigh. I thought the airbags were standard anymore, are you sure your seat covers are OK?

You can post pictures. Use add an attachment and browse for the file. You have to press "add attachement" at least one more time than you think you really should have to.

I did this just to test it... this is an 8 year old picture and I horse I had in Spain... it was just handy on my hard drive to test that it works. I'm no longer that thin (Check out my avatar) nor that brave, though I may yet jump again...

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha!! It worked! Now we're going to get in trouble for posting unrelated pictures :lol:

I need to go out and see if theres a front plate holder in the hidden compartment!Then I'll post the front after I get it on.

·
Registered
669 Posts
windy willow said:
Haha!! It worked! Now we're going to get in trouble for posting unrelated pictures :lol.
Mark Phillips, cool! I used to event, back when I was young and brave... :lol Let's see if the topic police come and get us!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.