Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in St. Louis, MO and purchased a 2004 Toyota Prius in Illinois. Illinois does not require front license plates but Missouri does. Anyhoo, my Prius does not have any mechanism for attaching front license plates. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There are two (or maybe four; but I only noticed two while I was waxing) little "dimples" in the bumper. That's where the plate will attach. You should have received a front license attachment hardware kit with instructions and everything else you will need. Look in your under-trunk storage bin.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Or, make the dealer work for his/her money. Our dealer put our temp plates (and then our official plates) on for us when we bought the car (and picked up our official plates). Why lift a finger when you paid top dollar for the car, that's my thought on it!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
grebe said:
Or, make the dealer work for his/her money. Our dealer put our temp plates (and then our official plates) on for us when we bought the car (and picked up our official plates). Why lift a finger when you paid top dollar for the car, that's my thought on it!
The usual reasons: to keep some monkey from scratching the paint, cross-threading the screws, getting grease on the seat, et cetera :_> And perhaps to enjoy the fun of installing the hatch handle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just to clarify, Illinois does require front and rear license plates. The dealer will have plenty of experience but you may want to check how many times they have added the front plate bracket for a 2004 Prius.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts