Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why Toyota did not create a hotline information channel to answer all questions that we do in all Prius chats, since this marvellous piece of technology, better known as Prius, is a car no everybody knows about.
How it comes that we have to get satisfied ourselves with the superb contributions provided by chat's member instead of Toyota directly, the real authority in this matter. "Prius is not a common car", and because of that the support CAN NOT COMMOM. The support has to be "SUPER EXTRAORDINARY". I get more support from Dell over my $1,600 Inspiron 700m notebook than Toyota over my $25,000 Prius that claim to have several computers besides the car itself.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Then drive the Dell instead.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Aparently you've never dealt with Dell Support on a professional level. Never had them ship out the wrong part ... twice ... or wait 6 months for a replacement part when you are paying for 4 hour maximum response time. Never had them send out a monkey to run a system upgrade...and watched that monkey wipe out all the data on your domain controller and run off leaving you to restore from backups.

I however have done all these things.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
So driving the Dell is a bad idea, you're saying? Or perhaps you should have asked Dell to send Prius parts, instead! ;)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yes, Sanny...driving a dell is a bad idea... but I was really referring to rmarchena's kudos for Dell.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dell/Prius

Wasn't there a guy here who had a Dell hooked into the MFD so he could monitor his Prius on his Dell?

Or was it it a Gateway hooked into an Escape?

I forget. I know he had movies. That much I remember.

Hey, I've got it: Toyota should set up a website for Dell laptops with real time response on the MFD...but only if you are directly hooked up directly to your Prius. Or --and I am not one with all these toothy phone gizmo's--maybe a conferencing capability on MFD in real time with Toyota central? Sort of like Dr. Evil talking to the UN? "Your repair will cost ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS."

Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anybody called Toyota?

I know where is Dell, I called Dell, I got responses from Dell, etc. But, you know guys, a computer is just a computer. You can go to grocery store and anybody can tell you about its components, tricks, and tips. The computer is being around for a while, instead the Prius NOT. We are the the green frontline to support the conservasionist minds. We deserve more support.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Where do you get this sense of entitlement from? You don't like the car you bought, and you want Toyota to cowtow to your every wish, you call for recalls, and want unlimited websote support. No pleasing some malcontents.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
rmarchena said:
Why Toyota did not create a hotline information channel to answer all questions that we do in all Prius chats,
If you look on the Toyota website you will find such a service. It is called Ask Toyota. Here is the email address.

Ask Toyota
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

note: there is an underscore between toyota and cares in the email address that gets blotted out by the blue underline...like this
toyota_cares

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
1-888-Toyota-8 for Canada.

I'm not sure what kind of support you'd need for a car. Most of the stuff's in the manual. Only things such as the reverse beep would I find here.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Re: Has anybody called Toyota?

rmarchena said:
I know where is Dell, I called Dell, I got responses from Dell, etc. But, you know guys, a computer is just a computer. You can go to grocery store and anybody can tell you about its components, tricks, and tips. The computer is being around for a while, instead the Prius NOT. We are the the green frontline to support the conservasionist minds. We deserve more support.
I provide support for resellers, and even THEY don't know enough about computers (some really shouldn't be in the business), so your comment about computer knowledge being common is bogus.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sanny said:
So driving the Dell is a bad idea, you're saying? Or perhaps you should have asked Dell to send Prius parts, instead! ;)
Drive a Mac, then you can have Tiger in your tank!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ending Subject No. 3

Well, Well, Well....!!!! It looks that a sophisticated mental work have been done over some Prius's Owners to block them to recognize that PRIUSONLINE & PRIUSCHAT are filling the empty spot that TOYOTA is obligated to fill . Anyway, I learned from the responses of my
Comment No. 3 that the Warranty, among other things, could be broken anytime because insufficient support information. I believe that Toyota is protecting its Prius's Secrets making us to stay in the shadows of the complete darkness. Thanks for your cooperation folks...!!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
incognito

I think this is Sanny in disguise. Good avatar too.

OK, Sanny, you can come out now. How did you do that? :twisted:

More on Isabelle's 30,000th soon. Great party.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Of course! Along with the drastic make-over, Sanny also ran her post through a translation program to Japanese, and then back to English. You got us good Sanny! :lol:

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Let's stop feeding the Troll. OK?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Frustration

I made the call to end this point of discussion regarding Toyota Support because I sensed some frustration from some PriusOline members. The frustration starts when the common sense ends, and is substituted with flares in other directions, specialy insults. Hey guys, I do not fill guilty of your insufficient tools and calm to debate in this civilization.

·
Registered
11 Posts
huh?

...what just happend here? I'm in the blind (spot...sorry). I just got my Tiger disc today. Better not be any blind spots..

Good trick on for setting the mirrors...BTW...

Now, if I could only get my Voice Command to understand me...sigh... :eek: . Wow. My ex used to say that.....argh..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts