Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2006 Prius several weeks ago. When I first puchased the car, I would get a Night Mode display option when I pushed the Display button. The option is now gone.

Reading the manual at page 238, I believe that the car may have memorized that I want to remain in the Day mode. However, the very brief instructions about how to "unmemorized" do not make sense. Has anyone encountered this problem and have a suggestion on how I can recover the Day mode/night mode option button?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
I really should write this down for myself, as I keep forgetting it... There are only 4 permutations for you to check, so it's not that bad:

Interior light dimmer wheel at full click, headlight switch on.
Interior light dimmer wheel at full click, headlight switch off.
Interior light dimmer wheel turned down, headlight switch on.
Interior light dimmer wheel turned down, headlight switch off.

Some one of the above will get your Day/Night mode button back on the display.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Night Mode

Your advice worked! I didn't realize that the interior dimming wheel effected the display options. The key is not to have the wheel all the way up passed the "click." Thanks

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Think of it this way:
The dash day/night mode follows the tail lights and can be overridden by the detent in the dimmer.
The MFD day/night mode follows the dash day/night mode but can be overridden by that soft button you mentioned. The soft button only appears if the dash is in night mode, which will only occur if both the tail lights are on, and the dimmer is NOT in detent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts