Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the first couple of times i entered my prius at night, that greeting light came on. now it doesnt do it for me. does the switch have to be turned to "door" for the light to come on? i really like that feature so just wondering what im doing wrong. thx.

·
Registered
149 Posts
lights...

Mine does the "lighted" greeting only if the doors are locked. Try that 1st...

Cheers,

Curt.

·
Registered
457 Posts
On the 04 and I presume 05, the overhead light switch must be in the LEFT detent for the interior lights to work automatically. Make sure the switch is set to the detent closest to you in the driver's seat. I think it says "door"... Light operation will vary depending on the Key System you have.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
From a more technical description, when the dome switch is on DOOR, the body ECU has control over the ground feeding the dome light. When the switch is set to off, the ground is totally disconnected from the light. When set to ON, ground is fed straight from the body electrical ground, making it consistently on.

So, if the dome is not set to DOOR, nothing can control it, not even the door, so SKS certainly can't.

Also, be sure SKS is turned on.
And, as stated, the door has to be locked in order for the Prius to start polling for the fob unsolicited. Then, and only then, the dome light will illuminate when you approach the frond doors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts