Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's my first posting on this forum, so the very first thing I want to say "Hello everyone!" :)

Now, to the story. Yesterday I've got my new shine silver Prius T-Spirit (UK top-of-the-range model with satnav). Reading the manuals... driving around... etc :) Great!

I tried to pair my Nokia 6310i to Prius and I've found that it is impossible to copy the whole phonebook into Prius's memory. I've got about 300 entries, so going one-by-one is inefficent as it would take a whole day.
Here is what I am doing:
1. Pairing phone and Prius (settings->Entry)
2. Selecting Transfer phonebook (Prius). Cell phone gets disconnected at this point.
3. Selecting name on a phone.
4. Send bus. card->via Bluetooth
5. Now it takes about 3 minutes to establish communication between devices and to transfer 1 (one) name entry.
6. Phone disconnects itself
7. If I want to repeat this process for the rest of the entries, I have to start from step 1!

Is there any way round it?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Not sure if this is the case with the 6310i but on my nokia there is an option to authorize the connectiion over bluetooth without re-authenticating. I dont have the phone with me so I cant give you the exact name. Have you selected this option. You shouldnt need to re-pair after each connection.

Unfortunatly, as far as I can tell, only the Siemens S55 & Sony T610 can transfer multiple entries.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Victor

Not sure if this is the case with the 6310i but on my nokia there is an option to authorize the connectiion over bluetooth without re-authenticating.
No, unfortunately my phone doesn't have such an option. However, in:
Bluetooth->View Paired Devices->Bluetooth Handsfree->Request conn authorization set YES. I tried to change it to NO and back but no change whatsoever.

TechnoMage

I suspect it's very similar in features to the T610.
No, this phone is a very first one with Bluetooth (three y/o?). So maybe, its the time to wave it goodbye at switch to Soneric :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Request conn authorization set YES was what I was thinking and it should be set to No so you dont have to enter the code each time you connect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Victor

Interesting... I tried this set to NO and to YES and haven't noticed any difference whatsoever :shock:

·
Registered
381 Posts
TheRookie said:
TechnoMage
I suspect it's very similar in features to the T610.
No, this phone is a very first one with Bluetooth (three y/o?). So maybe, its the time to wave it goodbye at switch to Soneric :)
Ahhh... typical Sony model numbers then; specific digits/values between models (and years) don't necessarily imply... anything. :p :wink:

FYI, the T616 also has a camera; 288x352 @ 72dpi -> 14k JPG file.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts