Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post. 2005 Black BC package (fully loaded) arrives next week. Can't wait.

Thought I'd ask y'all whether there are any special tweaks, adjustments, or other procedures you'd recommend I follow when I first receive the car. (Besides reading the owner's manual, of course.)

FWIW, assuming the car arrives on time, it will have taken me less than three weeks from the start of my search to delivery. Many thanks to my Prius-owning brother-in-law for keeping his ear to the ground (thanks, Mike!).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure -- sorry for not doing so initially.

I bought it from Town Toyota in East Wenatchee, WA. Paid $1699 over MSRP. Shipping to L.A. will add about $475. Prior to that I just missed buying one from University Motors in Morgantown, WV for $0 over MSRP. The reps at both places were a pleasure to deal with.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sweet,
Welcome aboard and congratulations on a fine purchase. Since your brother-in-law has a Prius you're likely more up-to-date than most new owners, but snoop around here a bit and you'll find lots of tips regarding the care and feeding of your new hybrid. If you have not already done so you might want to check out these two sites:

http://home.earthlink.net/~graham1/MyTo ... Frames.htm

http://john1701a.com/

Absorb the information they provide and you'll be perfectly capable of driving your friends, family and curious strangers completely nuts. :)

Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sweet said:
Sure -- sorry for not doing so initially.

I bought it from Town Toyota in East Wenatchee, WA. Paid $1699 over MSRP. Shipping to L.A. will add about $475. Prior to that I just missed buying one from University Motors in Morgantown, WV for $0 over MSRP. The reps at both places were a pleasure to deal with.
May I ask what you received for the extra $1699 over MSRP? e.g. Did you get leather seats or extra equipment--- or NOTHING? If nothing-- these dealers are "something else......."

Enjoy your car!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats! You must have worked with JK. He's a good guy. I almost bought your car but found an 05 black BC closer to home. Is the car actually at the dealership yet? Mine is due in "any day now..." (I have the VIN and everything, just waiting for shipping from the port.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
karenann said:
May I ask what you received for the extra $1699 over MSRP?
Well, I got precisely the car I wanted within two weeks, so that's something. In the end, $1699 seemed a little steep but not unconscionably so. But then again, I'm a pretty big believer in the free market.

Jeffo -- yes, I worked with J.K. I have nothing but nice things to say about him; I trusted him from the start. I too have the VIN etc.; the car itself should arrive at the dealership tomorrow or Thursday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my Salsa #7 from JK last Friday and drove back to Minnesota (1590 miles) over the weekend. JK was great--no surprises (just the initial surprise of $1,699 over MSRP). I agreed to go with the higher price because I got just the car I wanted about 10 days after I started looking (waiting lists here run 1-2 years). Car handled great--cruise held at 75 over the mountain passes--even got 49mpg.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my Salsa #7 from JK last Friday and drove back to Minnesota (1590 miles) over the weekend. JK was great--no surprises (just the initial surprise of $1,699 over MSRP). I agreed to go with the higher price because I got just the car I wanted about 10 days after I started looking (waiting lists here run 1-2 years). Car handled great--cruise held at 75 over the mountain passes--even got 49mpg.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sweet said:
In the end, $1699 seemed a little steep but not unconscionably so. But then again, I'm a pretty big believer in the free market.
A few thoughts on the 'free market'.

Today my 17 year old son and I were driving to town, and he asked me what mileage various cars around us would get, and I guessed for him. Volvo, SUV, etc.

Then a HUGE motorhome drove by, and I guessed the mileage for that. He asked how much it would cost, and I guessed maybe $200,000. Then I told him that was the 'free market'. If you have the money, you can do almost anything. Of course, that motorhome is costing all of us something. Pollution, waste of resources, (no one needs to transport that much luxury on the road with them). We all pay.

In Canada, we are proud of our medicare system which is equal for everyone. Some are trying for a free market, which of course will leave the poor without any care because the medical profession will rush to serve the rich, if given a choice.

I personally think it is unconscionable for dealers to overcharge for a Prius just because they can. I hope everyone remembers who they are when they are ready to make their next purchase, at a time when there is no waiting list.

·
Registered
110 Posts
caveats

i have an 04 black prius which is grreat although unfortunately i had to get the tan interior which gets dirty fast especially if you work in a dusty environment like i do at the home depot. dont laugh but in a parking lot you have to be very careful not to run over pedestrians. as others have said when you are in the electric mode poeple just kind of wander into your path or into you!!. very true and funny but dangerous.
fred from nashville

1 - 13 of 13 Posts