Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having the "fuel gauge inaccuracy" problem which has the fix on TSB EL010-04 but my VIN is a higher number than those stated on the TSB.

Can anybody tell me what the dealer has to do to correct the same problem for newer Prius vehicles?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
HA! You've already go the TSB "fix". It doesn't work great and there's still some inconsistancy. Try to be happy that it's better for you than for must of us who didn't have the fix....mine's hardly different at all since the TSB.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel Gauge

Maybe everything is ok and I'm expecting something more.

I get down to one bar (not blinking) and drive another 20 to 30 miles then fill up (gauge still not blinking). When I fill up I can only put in 8.45 to 8.48 gallons. I put the gas in reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllll slow from about 7 gallons to the balance of fill up.

Is an 8.5 gallon fillup at this point standard? I expected to be able to drive another 80 miles or so and put in an additional 1.5 gallons before I got to this point on the fuel gauge. I'm averaging 44.5 mpg.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Oh geez, you're doing great!! I drive to one flashing bar and usually from 5-50 miles beyond that and the MOST I've ever gotten in is 9.4 gallons. If I filled before the last bar started flashing I probably wouldn't get 8 gallons in.

There are so many variables that it seems Toyota really went on the safe side to make sure no one runs out of gas.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Fillup

I routinely fill up my 2005 with about 11 gals + or -.
That is accomplished by waiting for the display segment to blink and then looking for a reasonably close gas station.
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts