Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Just what I expected and exactly my thoughts 16 months ago. If it wasn't for the extended warranty offered at a reasonable price I wouldn't have even bothered to look at one.
Even now after more than a year of trouble free driving I see problems in the future. Nothing that's going to cost me any money account of the warranty but the possibility of long tieups at the dealers account of their lack of hybrid knowledge. My dealer honestly admits to me that they know little more about the Prius than they did when they sold me mine last year.
Something has surprised me about this forum. The morning after the all star game I posted a GM website that was giving a preview of the new GM vehicles which will be on the market this fall, including a new power plant which will be very high on MPG and also be a very low pollutant engine. Along with this, a completely new body style which will be a leader in the industry for more than a few years. Believe it or not "fenders are back!
One of the vehicles described briefly is a cross between a SUV and a wagon about the size of the Highlander with a four cylinder, variable valve all aluminum engine, front wheel drive with high MPG figures and a price less than twenty thousand dollars.
There have been 125 hits on that site without one comment!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wouldn't be quick to go by this survey. I think I read somewhere that it only had like <500 respondants. This is just a way to turn people away from the hybrid autos and keep them on high petroleum. Why don't they follow up this poll with the people who actually own a hybrid and let's see the real numbers. I viewed the ecoengine site for GM's new autos I think they have finally turned the corner with the way gas prices are going. But I think they should still embrace the hybrid concept more like toyota and honda to squeeze more miles out of the engine and to get a strong foothold in the hybrid market. As we are seeing honda is coming out with a better hybrid system fotr there cars and toyota is sure to improve in it's system. So in my view GM should try to keep pace or even set the pace with there new autos. Because I'm pretty sure after the new ecosystems pick up speed here comes toyota with a new more advanced prius camry or whatever to make it look like the american auto makers a slacking in this segment again.

·
Registered
928 Posts
hyperion said:
. . .Something has surprised me about this forum. . .
There have been 125 hits on that site without one comment!
That's a flash site. No way that gets on my computer.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Ron, I believe the hybrids will be way too expensive for the mass auto market and was really pleased that the guys who have been designing internal combustion engines for years are now devoted to designing high MPG engines and that the bonus is the low pollution. Give me a medium sized wagon that every mechanic in the world knows how to work on and gets 35 MPG with the bonus of a completely new look.
Pick your individual options without the necessity of "packages" and all at an affordable price. Looks good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts