Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I noticed that my enregy display was not showing battery condition, temp and energy flow!
Tried the climate mode and got amessage "check air conditioner connection! Tried audio mode and got message "audio off"! Another words dash display is kaput!

Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've had the same problem for about a month and a half now. It comes and goes - can't access anything via the MFD. Radio goes off and on - sometimes just stays off.

jflowerus said:
Yesterday I noticed that my enregy display was not showing battery condition, temp and energy flow!
Tried the climate mode and got amessage "check air conditioner connection! Tried audio mode and got message "audio off"! Another words dash display is kaput!

Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joel said:
I've had the same problem for about a month and a half now. It comes and goes - can't access anything via the MFD. Radio goes off and on - sometimes just stays off.
Joel: Have you taken it to the dealer and if so, what did they say or do about it?

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
There have been a few reports of similar behaviours on the 2004 on this group and the Prius-2G yahoogroup.

Occasionally it's something as simple as a loose wire connection to the display.

Usually, the fix is to replace the entire MFD display. I think that also changes out the display ECU and/or the wiring harness, which is the real culprit.

(If you had a classic Prius, the symptoms are closer to Newarkitis, which is an improperly-connected CD player.)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If your dealer puts you into a loaner while waiting for a new ECU/MFD, be sure to ask for a Camry. It's a really sweet ride.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I haven't had the time to take it to the dealer yet - real busy at work. Probably going to have the wife take it in this week.

jflowerus said:
Joel said:
Joel: Have you taken it to the dealer and if so, what did they say or do about it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mrv said:
There have been a few reports of similar behaviours on the 2004 on this group and the Prius-2G yahoogroup.

Occasionally it's something as simple as a loose wire connection to the display.

Usually, the fix is to replace the entire MFD display. I think that also changes out the display ECU and/or the wiring harness, which is the real culprit.

(If you had a classic Prius, the symptoms are closer to Newarkitis, which is an improperly-connected CD player.)
As a matter of fact, I do have a classic prius as well as the 04. The classic has not had any re calls or required any repairs and has a lot more miles on it! The 04 is my 8th Toyota and the first one that has had problems! I like the 04, but after two re calls and now this problem on a new car, I'm having second thoughts about it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I too got rid of my 01. I am awaiting a new NAV unit for my 04 vehicle. It had been in the shop for three other problems as well! I HAD to get rid of the 01 Prius (January 2004) that was classically plagues with the front-end problem - I could not in good conscious sell it to anyone. So I traded it in (while I could get something decent for it) kinda being forced to be in a new 2004 vehicle. In restrospect, I should have simply spent a few bucks and placed my older car (not the prius) in tip top shape thereby ultimately save a lot of money and time (running back and foth to the dealer) with the prius.

You were truly blessed with yours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts