Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So picked up my new prius last week, 2006, silver, package 6. So from my wife and i deciding, to purchase took less than a week, :). called all over (live in Denver, CO, called wyoming, SD, Nebraska 6week - 6month waiting lists) got very lucky, toyota fleet guy in area got one in someone didn't want, shot out an email to 20 people and i was the first to get there with my papers in order. Wasn't the color we wanted, but it all worked out well I think, very happy.

So my questions:
#1 - So we get State (CO) and Federal Tax credits, is there any special we need from toyota or is it just the bill of sale and filling out the forms during tax time in Feb? Or do we need to file some forms now?

#2 - Not sure how it happend, but rained over the weekend used the wipers and now I have a scratch on my windshield that tracks with the wipers. Checked the wipers and I don't see/feel any spurs or anything, so my guess is it had to be a rock or something got stuck in there, tracked and scratched the windshield. does this sound like a defect that it scratched so easily? I have to go to dealship tomorrow can i make them do anything? my exp in the past has been once it's off the lot it's my problem with something like this. just looking for some advice.

thanks

t

·
Registered
991 Posts
1) I do not believe there is anything you need to do for the Federal Tax Credit.. there will most likely be a line you fill in the credit in on the tax form (when you do them in April) and probably will just have to show proof of ownership (like the bill of sale) showing when you purchased the car and took ownership (this will determine your credit amount). As far as your state stuff goes.. no idea :) I'm in Cali.

2) I've had my car 6 months in semi-off-roading, snow, and all kinds of weather.. no scratching on my windshield at all (at least none that I can see). I do recall a post on here about someone having something similar happen to them on their windshield (where as something might have gotten stuck on the blades too because of the pattern of the scratches).. I'm sure someone might have more insight on this..

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Are you sure it's a scratch, or just stuck dirt that the blades smeared?

Siince they can fix chips in glass, I would suspect the glass can be fixed if it is really a scratch, or perhaps it can be buffed out. You can try the dealer, if they can't/won't take care of it, check out a glass place. They may have an inexpensive fix.

For the federal credit, have the bill of sale/invoice handy in case you do get audited. I think there is supposed to be a form you can get from Toyota certifying that the Prius qualifies for the credit, but I sincerely doubt you would have a problem requiring you to present this certificate to an auditor. If they don't know about the Prius, they should be fired.
You don't need to submit either for filing for the credit though at tax time.

Check with CO for instructions on the state credit.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.