Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new enthusiast, so your help, please:
1. Currently have the factory rear cargo mat, but am wondering if anyone knows where to obtain a more durable (liquid resistant, rubber?) fitted cargo mat. Same for dashcover (Dashmate?), center armrest.
2. Interested in if anyone has tried the Coastal Tech mod for delaying onset of ICE. Are there any others available?
Easy to install and does it improve MPG while allowing quick accel?
3. Am thinking of using an engine treatment, like Xcelplus or Zmax, but am concerned after reading all the postings. Would like to let the rings in the ICE seat (5K miles, I'd guess) then apply the treatment. Has anyone researched this?

Thank you for your support.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
miketoyo said:
I am a new enthusiast, so your help, please:
1. Currently have the factory rear cargo mat, but am wondering if anyone knows where to obtain a more durable (liquid resistant, rubber?) fitted cargo mat. Same for dashcover (Dashmate?), center armrest.
2. Interested in if anyone has tried the Coastal Tech mod for delaying onset of ICE. Are there any others available?
Easy to install and does it improve MPG while allowing quick accel?
3. Am thinking of using an engine treatment, like Xcelplus or Zmax, but am concerned after reading all the postings. Would like to let the rings in the ICE seat (5K miles, I'd guess) then apply the treatment. Has anyone researched this?

Thank you for your support.
1)There are, but I'll leave to others for specific suggestions
2)I have not personally used the Coastal E Tech circuit but was one of the original US folks to have an EV button. Itw ill not improve your gas mileage. It is easy to install. It is a nice toy and has a few practical uses (moving car across a parking lot or to driveway and back to garage for washing without ICE start up), but it is not a tool that is likely to help fuel economy.
3)Iw ould not recommend the engine treatments. You can use a good synthetic oil like Mobile 1 if you want, but beyond that you're likely to make things worse rather than better and waste a lot of money in the process.
--evan

·
Registered
515 Posts
3) I don't recommend engine treatment either. There simply doesn't seem to be a need nowadays.

If you really want to do your engine and emissions/exhaust system a favor, make sure to only use low-sulfur gas.

Low-Sulfur won't be available nationwide until the end of the 2005, but more and more areas will be switching over throughout the next year due to it being mandatory. Of course, some areas have had it available for quite some time already (since 1999 for me!).

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would suggest that you search through this website for a link to the name of Graham1/MyToyotaPrius/Understanding/Powertrain. Print up the pages and you will find about forty five pages of easy reading format with illustrations which when read will give you more info than The Prius rep at your dealer knows. The Prius is not in any way an ordinary car. It will not run on the ICE alone nor the electric alone or long. There is a reason Toyota gives you a phone number to call if you foolishly run out of gas. They do not want you to attempt even four miles to a gas station on electric alone. Find out about your new car before you start purchasing toys for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cargo/Trunk liner

Last week I picked up a clear plastic cargo/trunk liner (and mud flaps as well) from Eddie at Metro Toyota (I live in town so I just stopped by their dealership). Their website is:

http://www.metrotpn.com

The plastic liner fits the Prius perfectly ... even to the extent that there are cutouts for the four tie-down hooks in the trunk. The mat is quite flexible so you have immediate access to the additional storage compartments without removing the liner. Now our dirty hiking boots will no longer soil the cargo mat!! Cool!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts