Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*waves hello*
I picked up my brand new Prius yesterday. I have to say that I am supremely impressed.
I was on the Toyota lot Wednesday to look at a Scion. My wife saw the Prius and said, "You should look at this instead."
So I did. We test drove it and when we left it had 30 miles on it.
She went back on Thursday and it had 60 miles on it. I called the dealership and said, "What do I have to do to get people to stop driving my car?"
And that was that. Bought it.
The reason it was on the lot unspoken for is that the couple who ordered it expected it in May, and they weren't ready to buy yet. They ordered it completely loaded, so it's got everything.
After years of driving Civics, a Saturn and a Focus, this is the first 'non college kid car' I've owned.
The navigation computer is the real jaw-dropper when people get in it for the first time.
I haven't taken it to work yet (62-miles each way) but I can't wait.

·
Registered
232 Posts
congratulations.........and welcome to the forum.

- What color....and any other specifics......?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our new Prius is Driftwood Pearl with option combination C (I think that's what it's called.)
I'm still learning how to run all the details still.
First thing I'm going to do is wipe the navigation computer down to get all the fingerprints off it. (A small thing, but I'm freakish about new cars.)
I'm loving this car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
New Prius owner

Hey dude, welcome and congrats!! You'll soon know that gloatisfaction and don't forget about our special wave...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ima newbie too!

Just got my 2005 Tideland Pearl with Package #5 on saturday. It only took me one week to get mine. Someone changed their mind on their order.

I love it. Love it. Love it.

Only 170 miles so far and the computer shows a running average of 51+ mpg. Cool!

I've figured out how to coast, regen, and do stealth through the gas peddle. Just love the tips and info here.

Tim DeYoung
Melbourne, Florida, USA
2005 Tideland Pearl with Package #5

·
Registered
736 Posts
New Owner

I haven't seen mention of the fingerprint issue before; thought it was just me! Hint: use the back of your fingernail on the screen, works great. Also, when you want to wipe the screen, turn off the display so you won't lose data such as the average mileage, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts