Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've been checking in for some time and finally decided to join. People seem to be very nice and friendly (most of the time) and respectful (always!!) :D I've seen some great advices and links that helped me a lot.

Currently I'm not on any dealer list yet...I'll do it soon. I started to look around for a new car late last year but, fortunately, I have a great relationship with my 97 Civic for 162,000 miles now and can wait for a long time (of course I told Civic before I started looking...she understands). :wink:

So far I like #7 Tideland Pearl. I wonder:
1) How many percentage of people on this list have/want Tideland Pearl?
2) If the color is not as popular as, say, Millenium Silver, will I have better chance because not mant people want it or worse chance because Toyota would produce less of the color?

·
Registered
397 Posts
micemommy said:
...So far I like #7 Tideland Pearl. I wonder:
1) How many percentage of people on this list have/want Tideland Pearl?
2) If the color is not as popular as, say, Millenium Silver, will I have better chance because not mant people want it or worse chance because Toyota would produce less of the color?
micemommy,
Welcome! In response to your questions: 1) My car is silver; 2) As I understand it, color and option packages are allocated to geographic regions in pre-determined numbers (presumably based on data from previous Toyota sales). A helpful dealer should be willing and able to advise you as to whether a #7 Tideland Pearl is likely to be coming your way or not.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Micemommy
I ordered a silver number 7 the middle of November and was told that I would have a 90 to 120 day wait for delivery.The following week my dealer called and said that he had a tideland pearl available I really didn't want a green car after looking at the colors on Toyotas web site but because I wanted the 2000 dollar tax deduction I said ok. One week later I took delivery and was pleasantly surprised by the color. I LOVE IT.It is more gray than green and It really stands out in a crowd. :)

tmcbride

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks moocatdog & tmcbride,

The tideland pearl color on Toyota website looks much darker than real... I didn't even consider it until I saw one on the road *wow* :shock:

Much luck to me and everyone who's waiting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts