Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: I have been driving for 64 years and have had many different cars through the years. Each one was named “SHASTA”. As in “SHASTA have gas or she won’t go”. Not original, I admit but the name seemed to fit so I stuck with it. Now I have a Prius and the name no longer fits. Any suggestions for a new name for my “baby” would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
SamSmithIII said:
:?: I have been driving for 64 years and have had many different cars through the years. Each one was named “SHASTA”. As in “SHASTA have gas or she won’t go”. Not original, I admit but the name seemed to fit so I stuck with it. Now I have a Prius and the name no longer fits. Any suggestions for a new name for my “baby” would be appreciated.
How about Schwin? As in Shwin's any contest on fuel efficiency?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
SamSmithIII said:
SHUDDA, as in SHUDDA got one sooner... :wink:

·
Registered
610 Posts
:roll: I have always named my cars beginning with my late teen years with "Gallopin' Gertrude" (1931 Model A Ford 2-door sedan). My Prius is "Ernestine" after Lili Tomlin's telephone operator character since the NAV verbal requests frequently elicit totally unrelated, even innane, responses.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
ChasSuitt said:
:roll: I have always named my cars beginning with my late teen years with "Gallopin' Gertrude" (1931 Model A Ford 2-door sedan). My Prius is "Ernestine" after Lili Tomlin's telephone operator character since the NAV verbal requests frequently elicit totally unrelated, even innane, responses.
I'd love to see a picture of Gertie with young Chuck leaning on the hood!

·
Registered
610 Posts
:lol: Hi, HEP..!
Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of a "young" me with his first WELL USED '31 Model A. That vehicle was a mechanical education in itself... A quart of 50W oil every morning for my 45 mile roundtrip to work... weekend work to keep her going... waterpump packing of cup grease and wool yarn... rewound generator for sealed beam headlights (brightest headlights on the road)... spare radiator (cracked cross member)... etc. Sure makes me appreciate the Prius when I recall those times.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
ChasSuitt said:
:lol: Hi, HEP..!
Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of a "young" me with his first WELL USED '31 Model A. That vehicle was a mechanical education in itself... A quart of 50W oil every morning for my 45 mile roundtrip to work... weekend work to keep her going... waterpump packing of cup grease and wool yarn... rewound generator for sealed beam headlights (brightest headlights on the road)... spare radiator (cracked cross member)... etc. Sure makes me appreciate the Prius when I recall those times.
And I complain when I have to wash the car! Thanks for the memories. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts