Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the L.A. Times Highway 1 column, regarding the new Mercedes-Benz E320 Bluetec diesel:

"Not many NOx molecules make it past the Bluetec gantlet, but some do. To meet the higher standard, '09 Bluetec-equipped cars will have an additional system: a reservoir of ammonia-rich urea, to be injected into the exhaust stream. The ammonia converts the NOx into nitrogen and water (4NO + 4NH3 + O2 reacts to become 4N2 + 6H2O, for the mad chemists among you). The AdBlue tank will get refilled during normal vehicle maintenance and those who ignore it will find that, eventually, their cars won't start."

It sounds like another expensive dealer-only trip. The article doesn't say how often the urea must be replenished.

Considering how the human body excretes urea, I don't wanna know how the tank gets filled... ;-)

·
Registered
26 Posts
yep, MB has decided to inject piss extract into the bluetec deisels. the stuff is expensive, and there is no aftermarket version as yet. they still stink like deisels, not dirty urinals which is only slightly worse.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi, 69shovlhed,

You're right about the ads/spam. It's been 4 weeks now since any moderator or the site's administrator has deleted any of the spam ads & banned their posters so they can't continue to belch out this junk. Somebody else who runs a similar board/forum offered to help with advice on how to prevent this stuff from getting in here in the first place, but it seems nobody in authority is listening. All the junk posts usually get reported on the day they are made (mostly reported by me) & I've been the only one consistently "whining" about it in the "Help" category in the 4-page thread "Reporting a spammer that got in here". I don't know what else to do. One of the spam posters has made 70 junk posts in less than 4 weeks & there are 2 others who aren't even registered here that are somehow allowed to make posts that don't even get counted (so I don't know how many they have made). Right now there must be a total of around 200 spam posts that need to be deleted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts