Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the PriusOnline banner (the one at the top left,) I thought it would look a little nicer if the two Prii 'matched' in color and general view. So I made my own.

I've got it saved as a PhotoStudio file (similar to Photoshop, with layers,) so I can change the font or tagline easily.

The Prius photos are both from Toyota's website, and I'm giving permission for my rendition to be used by PriusOnline without restriction.

(This file is also available at http://www.hurtley.org/PriusOnline.gif.)

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
I like what you did (though it would be better to make it a .png file instead of a .gif.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GIF looks as good as a PNG, only smaller, in this case.

Anonymous said:
I like what you did (though it would be better to make it a .png file instead of a .gif.
I find that there are still plenty of people that use older web browsers that can't display PNGs, and it made a perfectly good picture in 256-color GIF, while being a significantly smaller file than an equivalent PNG would be. (Plus, the existing graphic is a GIF, so I know GIF must be acceptable.) I find PNG to be a good replacement for JPEGs when picture quality is more important than file size. For things I scan that I don't plan on emailing or posting on the 'net, I use PNG. If I plan on posting it or emailing it, I generally use JPEG with a quality setting of 8/10, 80%, or one-to-two stops short of 'Maximum', depending on the program.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts