Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Prius last night. The color was not advertised in the brochure...bronze mica metallic (color 4S2). Got 42 mpg on the trip home from the dealer.

Question: Is there some way to make the FOB beep if you misplace it? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
mrichman said:
Picked up my new Prius last night. The color was not advertised in the brochure...bronze mica metallic (color 4S2). Got 42 mpg on the trip home from the dealer.

Question: Is there some way to make the FOB beep if you misplace it? :D
WOW!! :!: Good for you! You are a trendsetter! And congratulations on your new toy! Welcome to the family. :)

My former secy used to give me keychains for holiday presents. One year it was "Stop talking! I'm out of aspirin!" (What could she have meant by that?? :roll: ). Another year it was a little beeper that chirped if I clapped. She knew I kept misplacing my keys. :( Maybe find one of those and hang the fob on it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,161 Posts
Sounds like you have a driftwood pearl.

If you have SKS, why take the fob out of your pocket? If you don't take it out of your pocket, you won't lose it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
DanMan32 said:
Sounds like you have a driftwood pearl.

If you have SKS, why take the fob out of your pocket? If you don't take it out of your pocket, you won't lose it!
Yahright. That's only good in THEORY. I tried that with a lipstick, and it went through the washer and dryer. Now I have "sheer rosehip" all over the inside of my dryer, and all over my favorite shirts. :( I cannot get it out. Nasty. Keeping it in your pocket only works if you remember NOT to keep it in your pocket.

I have a magnetic hook on my refrigerator. When I pass the refrigerator on the way in from the back door, I hang the keys on the hook. Always there, always available. Mostly. Except when I don't. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Congrats on your new Prius. I also have color number 4S2, but on my 2004 it was known as Driftwood Pearl as well. I'm curious, is this info listed on the MSRP, or is this new color name something the dealer came up with? It is a great color for not looking dirty until it really is in need of a wash. Enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roger V said:
Congrats on your new Prius. I also have color number 4S2, but on my 2004 it was known as Driftwood Pearl as well. I'm curious, is this info listed on the MSRP, or is this new color name something the dealer came up with? It is a great color for not looking dirty until it really is in need of a wash. Enjoy!
The color is listed on the spec sheet that was glued to the window.

Description: Prius Hybrid Gas/Elec Sedan
Year/Model: 2005/1224C
Color: Bronze Mica Met/Dk Brown/Ivory (04S2/08)

I thought that was strange.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
OK, looks like Toyota just changed the name and kept the color code the same, which to me means it is the same color as mine. I hope you have as much enjoyment and good service as I have had. It is a fantastic car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
That's what color I've got too. Love it love it love it. We've had it just over a week now. Averaging 54mpg so far...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
mrichman said:
Description: Prius Hybrid Gas/Elec Sedan
Year/Model: 2005/1224C
Color: Bronze Mica Met/Dk Brown/Ivory (04S2/08)

I thought that was strange.

Mike
If I'm not mistaken (and I DO make misteaks) that is the wa they name the colour in Europe.

And That's the colour I chose!

2000 more hours to delivery (sigh)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,348 Posts
I think we should rename all the colors. From now on my car is sort-of-but-not-really-very-much-greenish-shade-of-grey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
KTPhil said:
I heard that the Prius' color white is known as "Procol Harum" in the British market. ;-)
A Whiter Shade of Pale, perhaps? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
mrichman said:
Picked up my new Prius last night. The color was not advertised in the brochure...bronze mica metallic (color 4S2). Got 42 mpg on the trip home from the dealer.

Question: Is there some way to make the FOB beep if you misplace it? :D
I also thought first of bronze mica metallic but eventually bought a black one :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
color code 4S2
the English translation I have of the Japanese car with that paint color is "Bronze Mica Metallic"
New Zealand = "Bronze Mica Metallic"
Ireland = "Southern Bronze"
Australia = "Magnetic Bronze"
UK = "Aztec Bronze - Mica"
US = "Driftwood Pearl"
Canada = "Driftwood Pearl"

same color, just called different things...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
For what it's worth, I got a phone call from a salesman I'd test driven with at a dealership other than the one where I finally bought my Prius. He debriefed me thoroughly on my purchase and when I told him the color he said, "that's a rare color". I don't know how rare rare is, but I've yet to see another one locally, and I've run into a number of other colors.

Aren't we special? :wink:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top