Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a new Prius and am going to install a Coastal Tech bolt-on receiver hitch for my bicycle carrier. Does anyone know if this addition will have any effect on the new car warranty?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Nope. I use mine for a bike rack. You shouldn't tow anything with a Prius, though. Doing that might cause warrantee issues, but the hitch itself will not. You can point out that you have neither lights nor a safety chain hook, so you obviously are not towing with it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good hitch for a bike rack...

I bought my Coastal Tech bolt-on receiver hitch for my '04 Prius. When I got ready to trade-in for an '06, I removed it very easily. When the weather is nicer, I plan to reinstall it on the new car. I suggest you save your installation instructions in case you decide to remove it.

Another nice thing about it is that it serves as a skid plate if you go up a sudden steep driveway. It's happened to me a couple of times.

I think there is at least one other receiver hitch built for the Prius. If you do a search here, you should find it. I'm satisfied with Coastal Dave's model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.