Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried the Motorola E815? It's time to get a new phone and finally use the Bluetooth that came with my car. The LG VX8100 comes out this week, too. Any advance info on that? I have Verizon and since they have by far the best coverage in the area, I need to stick with them.

Susan
04 silver BC
24000 miles
This tank so far 48.2 mpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
E815

I have tried it and have since returned the phone back to verizon. Works the same as the V710. Everything works fine, except that you CANNOT transfer the phonebook into the car. Verizon is also officially stating that the data transfer functionality is disabled (on alltheir bluetooth phones) I also thought the voice fidelity was a little lacking, although I'm not sure if every bluetooth phone would sound the same. I will probably be switching to cingular to get the V3 RAZR phone for the fully functional bluetooth.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm repeating myself, but what the heck.

I don't much mind the fact that I can't transfer my whole phone book to the car. Would be nice if I could, but it's not a deal-breaker. The phone sounds great, has excellent reception, and all other Bluetooth functions work flawlessly.

in my experience, Verizon has the best overall signal coverage by far (been there, done that, ran screaming from Cingular), so I'm happily sticking with my V710. ymmv.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts