Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12/17 Update 06 Prius coming in ready for purchase.
See the "Dealer" Section and look for the "Author"
C.Rickey Hirose. for your 06 Prius availability !

11/26/05 2:37 PM Pacific Standard Time, Today I have sat in the 06 Prius cabin ( Passenger Side ) while my Prius Tech working to set up the MFD screen default setting noticed that the HV operation diagram has changed from the 05 Prii. The ICE=MG1-MG2 drawing has changed, the Color of the MFD has changed, ( Blue & Orange ) The Energy = Juice storage blocks are gone, Very simple monitoring of the MPG/SOC, Rear view camera, Yes the rear View camera how clear the rear image is replicated on the MFD screen, The MP3 mini Jack connectors ! The hands-free voice command BlueTooth Telephony system, radio-signal valve-steam state of Air-Pressure monitoring communication among all tires ( including the Sparetire ) Deeper seat cushion contour for your rear ends !
the scratch-prone dash area and side door panels plastic material are gone ! now more High-Tech looking feel of the New material.. Even tried to scratch it with my finger nails but ! amazingly no-scratch ! and on and on too many noticeable improvements to describe all. Today Saturday did not bring my Digital Camera ! Hoping customer do not show up to claim his 06 Prius ! So I can take all Pics tomorrow-Sunday ! All in all,
A better Prius for all of us !!...... Toyota Engineers working in pursuit of a better and almost perfect Prius for the masses !! I'm "thrilled".......More to come, stay tuned... MSRP list $26.386 with HK package #6 including CF=Floormats EF-Rear bumper clear protection applique...Seaside/beige

Toyota Hybrid Vehicles, To make the World a better place to live
for present and next generations to come.
PRIUS are here & The HH, Highlander Hybrid. soon to, arrived !

******Email: [email protected]**********

C.Rickey Hirose, Fleet-Ecommerce Sales Manager.
The Hybrid vehicle's Ambassador.
(510) 252-5420 B. or (925) 699-6450 Cell.

Happy Thanks Giving Holidays to all Priuscentis !

See the 06 Prius features an colors here
http://www.toyota.com/prius/index.html? ... RIUS_INDEX

06 Prii arrival info posted at "dealer Section" See Author" C.Rickey Hirose.

Japanese 06 Priuscolors : The US colors will be uploaded soon.
http://toyota.jp/prius/exterior/bodycolor/index.html

For ordering info go to: "DEALERS" and look for C.Rickey Hirose "Author"

11/04/05 I will have many, many 2006 Prius by Christmas time if and when I have your reservation/orders in !
Very easy and simple to order the 06 Prius. Just call and reserve!

2006 Prius info/Price/Colors at a glance ! This is an OFFICIAL info !

*2006 PRIUS INFO* BASE PRICE starts at $21.725.00 Only $425.00 Hike !

Northern california 2006 Prius price, colors and package(s)
Hello Prius fraternity, News Flash ! This is an official release.

(4) Prius packages available: for Northern California.

HE=package #3=$1.450.00 $21.725.00 ( Base Car+ Freight+Option )
GY=side curtain air bags, painted door handle w/Antenna
KE=keyless entry with smart entry feature rear Camera.

HK=package #6=$3.815.00 $21.725.00 ( Base Car+Freight+Option )
GY+KE+ VD=vehicle skid control PN= Inmmobilizer & security
horn Garage door opener EJ=PREMIUM 3-in-1-changer 6 disc-9speaker
LF=fog lamps QI=high intensity discharge HID lamps rear camera.

NL=package #7=$5.715.00 $21.725.00 ( Base Car+Freight+Option )
KE+GY+PN+EJ+VD+LF+QI+ NV=navigation system rear camera

NW=package #8=$6.875.00 $21.725.00 ( BaseCar+Freight+Option )
GY+KE+PN+NV+EJ+VD+LF+QI+ LA= Leather trimmed seats rear camera

Colors: 4 new colors! 0040=Super White. 01F7=Classic Grey
01G3=Magnetic Grey 0202=Black 03R3=Barcelona Red 04S2=Driftwood
06U0=Silver Pine 08S2=Seaside Blue

Leather/Cloth Interior Colors: Code 11 Grey, Code 41 Beige..
If I have missed something is 'cause I'm tired will edit as it comes !

Northern california getting,(1150-2006 PRII !) 345=HF packaged
345=HK packaged 231=Nl packaged 229+NW packaged ! These are
NOVEMBER 05 ORDER coming in DECEMBER 05 to JANUARY 06
Stay tuned more revised post coming in for the Prius fraternity !

Request.Reserve your Prius now, all I need from you is: Name,Address
Phone numbers, Color(s), Option(s) from you. Once your vehicle is assigned to you and guaranteed delivery, then I will ask and need for a small deposit of $500 fully _refundable_ to you in the event that you have already found one at other dealership or just postponed your purchase at the time beeing.
let talk upgrades later if needed, but in meantime send in your request
today !

The Largest PRIUS & HH Purveyor at Fremont Toyota-Scion.
Located: in the Beautiful San Francisco Bay Area, Northern
California.__________________________________________

******Email: [email protected]**********

C.Rickey Hirose, Fleet-Ecommerce Sales Manager.
The Hybrid vehicle's Ambassador.
(510) 252-5420 B. or (925) 699-6450 Cell.
===============================================

11/04/2005 Torrance, CA
Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) today for the 2006 Prius hybrid sedan.

The Prius is the best-selling gas-electric hybrid vehicle in the United States and the world. For 2006, Prius adds several styling, safety and convenience enhancements, further increasing its overall value.

Exterior enhancements on the Prius include restyled headlights and taillight clusters, and a new front lip spoiler. The front grille has been updated with a new chrome finish on the center bar.

On the inside, new darker seat fabric and a black textured instrument panel center accent the high-tech interior styling. The rear seat bottom cushion has been slightly re-positioned to improve headroom and ride comfort. For the first time, due to strong consumer demand, Prius will offer optional leather seating and a leather-wrapped steering wheel for enhanced comfort.

A new rear back-up camera is now available as an option. The rear camera automatically projects an image of what the lens can detect behind the vehicle onto the dash-mounted LCD display monitor when the vehicle is in reverse gear. The optional voice-activated DVD GPS navigation system has been improved, offering enhanced map quality, and estimated time of arrival display, and a route tracer function. The system also features a voice recognition search function, which allows entry of a destination through voice recognition while the Prius is being driven. The system can also be set to operate in English, French and Spanish.

Prius buyers can also order new audio system upgrades that feature MP3-media capability and a mini-jack port located in the center console. The mini-jack port allows connectivity to most portable music players and allows users to listen to their portable music collection through Prius upgraded audio systems.

Already featuring a high level of safety technology, Prius gains even more for 2006. The standard driver and front passenger advanced airbags are now equipped with an occupant classification sensor to help determine if the seat is occupied and if an occupant meets the adult weight requirement for airbag deployment.
The front passenger airbag will only deploy when the sensor detects an adult passenger is occupying the front passenger seat. A Tire Pressure Monitoring System is now standard equipment in Prius. The system can detect a significant loss in air pressure in one or more tires and alert the driver by a warning light. Prius employs the industry-leading Hybrid Synergy Drive (HSD), Toyota's third-generation gas-electric hybrid powertrain technology. HSD gives the Prius acceleration comparable to a four-cylinder, mid-size car, with zero-to-60 mph acceleration in about 10 seconds.

Prius not only provides the best fuel efficiency ratings of any mid-size vehicle sold in America, it also returns an even higher combined mileage rating than any compact sedan sold in America. HSD yields exceptional fuel efficiency in the Prius, with estimated EPA ratings of 60 mpg in city driving, 51 mpg on the highway and 55 mpg in combined driving.

HSD produces more than 80 percent fewer smog forming emissions than a conventional internal combustion engine vehicle. The Prius is certified as a Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) in California and in states adopting California standards. In addition, in California and states adopting California rules, Prius is certified as an Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV).

The base MSRP for the 2006 Prius will be $21,725, an increase of $450, or 2.1 percent. The price will take effect when the 2006 Prius goes on sale in mid-November.

10/06/05 New Info "Flash" See below.
Pricing for the 06 MY Prius announced finally !

Official Options on 2006 Prius announcement 11/04/05
Hello Prius fraternity, News Flash ! Via Toyota Press

( OFFICIAL)

AVAILABLE OPTIONS = Not all Option will be available in CA or Elsewhere

Package #1=GY $825.00 Front side airbags and side curtain airbags

Package #2=HE $825.00 Smart Key System, rear camera, and audio with MP3 and input jack

Package #3=HF $1.475.00 Front side airbags and side curtain airbags, Smart Key System, rear camera, and audio with MP3 and input jack

Package #4=HG $1.825.00 Front side airbags and side curtain airbags, Smart Key System, rear camera, audio with MP3 and input jack and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)

Package #5=HI $3.205.00 Front side airbags and side curtain airbags, Smart Key System, rear camera, audio with MP3 and input jack, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), JBL premium AM/FM 6-disc changer with Bluetooth., alarm system, and Homelink

Package #6=HK $3.830.00 Front side airbags and side curtain airbags, Smart Key System, rear camera, audio with MP3 and input jack and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), JBL premium AM/FM 6-disc changer with Bluetooth., alarm system, Homelink, HID and fog lamps

Package #7=NL $5.730.00 Front side airbags and side curtain airbags, Smart Key System, rear camera, audio with MP3 and input jack and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), JBL premium AM/FM 6-disc changer with Bluetooth., alarm system, Homelink, HID and fog lamps and Navigation

Package #8=NW $6.830.00 Front side airbags and side curtain airbags, Smart Key System, rear camera, audio with MP3 and input jack and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), JBL premium AM/FM 6-disc changer with Bluetooth., alarm system, Homelink, HID, fog lamps, Navigation and leather-trim seats and steering wheel

PRIUS SPECIFICATIONS 2006

ENGINE
Gasoline Engine Type
4-cylinder aluminum double overhead cam (DOHC) 16-valve VVT-i
Bore and Stroke= 2.95 x 3.33 inches
Displacement= 1,497 cc
Expansion Ratio= 13.0:1
Valve Train= 4-valve/cylinder with VVT-I
Horsepower= (SAE Net) 76 horsepower @ 5,000 rpm
Hybrid System Net Horsepower= 110 horsepower
Torque= 82 lb-ft @ 4,200 rpm
Recommended Fuel= 87-octane unleaded
Emission Control= SULEV (with AT-PZEV)

ELECTRIC MOTOR/GENERATOR/POWER STORAGE
Motor Type=Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor
Electric Motor Power Output=50 kW/1,200 .1,540 RPM
Torque=295 lb.-ft. @ 0-1,200 RPM
Battery Type=Nickel-Metal Hydride
Nominal Voltage=201.6 V (168 1.2V cells )
Transmission=Electronically controlled continuously variable transmission
Capacity=6.5 amperehour
Battery Peak Horsepower Rating=28
System Voltage=500 volts maximum

SUSPENSION
Front=Independent MacPherson strut suspension with stabilizer bar
Rear=Torsion Beam with stabilizer bar

BRAKES=
Front=Ventilated front disc (hydraulic with power assist) with standard
Anti-Lock Brake (ABS) system and integrated regenerative brake system
Front Diameter=10.0 inch Rotor 8.1 inch braking pitch diameter
Rear=Drum (hydraulic with power assist) with standard Anti-lock Brake System= (ABS) and integrated regenerative brake system
Rear Diameter=7.87 inches
Parking=Pedal brake

STEERING=
Type=Electric power-assist rack-and-pinion
Turning circle=34.1 Feet curb-to-curb

TIRES AND WHEELS
Wheel size=6JJ x 15 inches
Type and Material=Aluminum Alloy
Tire Size=P185/65R15
Tire Type=All-Season
Spare=Temporary

CAPACITIES
Fuel Tank=11.9 gallons

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS (inches)
Wheelbase=106.3
Overall Length=175.0
Overall Width=67.9
Overall Height=58.1
Tread Width=59.3/58.3 Front/Rear
Minimum Ground Clearance=4.9
Coefficient of Drag=0.26

INTERIOR DIMENSIONS (inches)
Headroom (front/rear)=39.1/37.1
Legroom (front/rear)=41.9/38.6
Shoulder Room (front/rear)=55.3/53.0
Hip Room (front/rear)=51.0/51.6
EPA Passenger Volume=96.2 cubic feet
EPA Cargo Volume=16.1 cubic feet

EPA ESTIMATED FUEL ECONOMY (mpg)
City/highway/combined=60/51/55

VEHICLE MASS (lbs)
Curb Weight=2,890

SAFETY AND SECURITY FEATURES
Driver and front passenger advanced airbags, available front side airbags
and front and rear side curtain airbags
Complimentary 3-year/36,000-mile Roadside Assistance Coverage
Side-impact door beams
Front and rear energy-absorbing crumple zones
Three-point front seatbelts with pretensioners and force limiters, ALR/ELR
retractors on all passenger seatbelts, three-point seatbelts in all five
seating positions
Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
Standard regenerative Anti-lock Brake System
Rear seat CRS top tether anchor brackets and lower anchor point
attachments
Adjustable front seatbelt shoulder anchors
Child-protector rear door locks
Internal trunk-release handle

BASIC LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE
3-year/36,000-mile Comprehensive
5-year/60,000-mile Powertrain
5-year/unlimited-mileage Corrosion Perforation
8-year/100,000-mile Hybrid-related Component Coverage
? 10-year/150.000-mile Hybrid-related Components Coverage ?

PRIUS are here & The HH, Highlander Hybrid. soon to, arrived !

Toyota Hybrid Vehicles, To make the World a better place to live
for present and next generations to come.___________________

*********Email: [email protected]************

Hello Group, This may be old news already to you all but thought about
sharing with the Prius fraternity ! NEWS FLASH more precise info to follow !

Exterior Styling: During the third model year of lifecycle, Prius will go through a minor change to freshen styling and continue to broaden appeal: = Front headlamp freshening, Rear combination lamp freshening
Decorative radiator grill adopted.

Exterior/Interior Color : Four new colors will be added to Prius exterior color. Prius will broaden its appeal with the availability of 2 interior leather choices ( Ivory/Gray ) offered in the same combianations as fabric.

Interior Color/Trim change: For the 06 MY Prius the burgundy instrument panel color will be dropped and replaced with a dark gray textured grain trim.

New Equipment Standard spec: Tire pressure monitoring system, Advanced Airbag system.

New Options: Rear view Camera on ( MFD ) Base and JBL audio to include MP3-readability and input jack, JBL premium audio includes Bluetooth capability for hands-free phone use, 2 leather interior choices that include seats and leather-wrapped steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hyperion said:
Thanks for the info Rickey. I'll think about driving out there and trading up if the 06 has a "U know what"

Hyperion, lemme guess. JBL with hands-free Bluetooth telephony ?
or is it the MP3 jack ?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Adjustable Seats

newfdude said:
Any idea if power, fully adjustable seats will be added?
Well, all Toyota vehicle equipped from Factory with the Leather upholstery
does have the "Power adjusted Seats" Let me forward your question to the factory !

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jonnycat26 said:
Are US Priuses getting the Euro improvements (better sound insulation and suspension improvements)?
Sound insulation ? I thought that the Prius has the lowest interior cabin
noise Decibel among all vehicle sold in the US ?

Also are you referring to suspension improvement such as: Fluid suspension movement up and down or more lateral grip ? I thought that the general consensus amongst Prius owners were that the current suspension is good enough and at acceptable level.

I will be hoping for more seat travel ( back wards ) for taller drivers.....
but I will know more about the tech specs later and will post.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
C.Rickey Hirose said:
Jonnycat26 said:
Are US Priuses getting the Euro improvements (better sound insulation and suspension improvements)?
Sound insulation ? I thought that the Prius has the lowest interior cabin
noise Decibel among all vehicle sold in the US ?
Maybe when driving at under 20 mph, and the ICE is off... But there is still noticable wind and road noise. It's much better than any other vehicle I've owned, by my wife says her old Infinity was much quieter on the freeway. (And from just the test drive I took in the Lexus LX400h, that was noticably quieter.)

·
Registered
548 Posts
C.Rickey Hirose said:
Also are you referring to suspension improvement such as: Fluid suspension movement up and down or more lateral grip ? I thought that the general consensus amongst Prius owners were that the current suspension is good enough and at acceptable level.
Apparently your thoughts regarding general consensus amongs Prius owners was somewhat off. I see lots of "how do I improve the handling" posts over on PC. And European priuses are getting some further improvements in this area (they've already got a better base suspension than we do). I'd love to have the 4 wheel disc brakes they get as well.

As for sound, it's the *loudest* vehicle I've ever owned, as far as driving on the highway is concerned. Lots of wind noise. I think the "quietest db level" probably comes from testing at idle and in stealth mode. Not with the engine roaring and the wind ripping.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: What's New for 2006 PRIUS

C.Rickey Hirose said:
Hello Group, This may be old news already to you all but thought about
sharing with the Prius fraternity ! NEWS FLASH more precise info to follow !

Exterior Styling: During the third model year of lifecycle, Prius will go through a minor change to freshen styling and continue to broaden appeal: = Front headlamp freshening, Rear combination lamp freshening
Decorative radiator grill adopted.

Exterior/Interior Color : Four new colors will be added to Prius exterior color. Prius will broaden its appeal with the availability of 2 interior leather choices ( Ivory/Gray ) offered in the same combianations as fabric.

Interior Color/Trim change: For the 06 MY Prius the burgundy instrument panel color will be dropped and replaced with a dark gray textured grain trim.

New Equipment Standard spec: Tire pressure monitoring system, Advanced Airbag system.

New Options: Rear view Camera on ( MFD ) Base and JBL audio to include MP3-readability and input jack, JBL premium audio includes Bluetooth capability for hands-free phone use, 2 leather interior choices that include seats and leather-wrapped steering wheel.

No Pricing for the 06 MY Prius announced yet.....
Now my wife is feeling 'buyers guilt', because we bought ours in 2004. The thing she really wanted has been added: Leather.
And the geek in my really likes the rear view camera, tire pressure monitoring, MP3 and input jack...
Now if only it came with a moonroof and power multi-adjustable seats with driver memory linked to the keyfobs, it would be perfect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
[/quote]

As for sound, it's the *loudest* vehicle I've ever owned, as far as driving on the highway is concerned. Lots of wind noise. I think the "quietest db level" probably comes from testing at idle and in stealth mode. Not with the engine roaring and the wind ripping.[/quote]

Interesting how perceptions are different from one person to the next. My wife and I both agree that her '05 Prius is the quietest car we have ever owned, and we've had a lot of cars. I used to drive Lincolns, and her Prius is as quiet as the Lincolns were on the highway. As far as handling, it's no sports car, but it handles better than a Camry.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yeah, after 10 days of driving my father's PT Cruiser, one of the first things that struck me about my Prius was how much quieter it is. It's also got better acceleration, better visibility and better turn radius.

·
Registered
20 Posts
>Interior Color/Trim change: For the 06 MY Prius the burgundy instrument panel color will be dropped and replaced with a dark gray textured grain trim.

Textured? As in something a little less liable to get scratched and scuffed?

Scott: scratched, scuffed

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sdwilsonsct said:
>Interior Color/Trim change: For the 06 MY Prius the burgundy instrument panel color will be dropped and replaced with a dark gray textured grain trim.

Textured? As in something a little less liable to get scratched and scuffed?

Scott: scratched, scuffed
Scott, Yeah "textured" hope Toyota means "Textile" Textured ! so will be
more scratch resistant.

More update 06 Prius posted !

·
Registered
59 Posts
Astrowoman said:
Yeah, after 10 days of driving my father's PT Cruiser, one of the first things that struck me about my Prius was how much quieter it is. It's also got better acceleration, better visibility and better turn radius.
You're not kidding about the acceleration part. I rented a PT Cruiser last year when I was in CA/NV. Drove from San Fran to San Diego, Laughlin, Vegas, Reno, Tahoe, Sac and back to San Fran and man was that car a dog powerwise. Forget trying to pass people on those nevada roads unless you are certain no one is coming for a bit! And in the hills of Tahoe/Reno... I mean it made it but its amazing they wouldnt put an engine with a 'little' more than whats its got in there...

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Paradox said:
Astrowoman said:
You're not kidding about the acceleration part. I rented a PT Cruiser last year when I was in CA/NV. Drove from San Fran to San Diego, Laughlin, Vegas, Reno, Tahoe, Sac and back to San Fran and man was that car a dog powerwise. Forget trying to pass people on those nevada roads unless you are certain no one is coming for a bit! And in the hills of Tahoe/Reno... I mean it made it but its amazing they wouldnt put an engine with a 'little' more than whats its got in there...
I will be very proud of Toyota, if I see new 06 Prius info that will say: More, Faster and powerful-Torquier & longer "Stealth" mode with 22 % improvement in real time MPG ! With power activated seats to boot !

·
Registered
9 Posts
C.Rickey Hirose said:
I will be hoping for more seat travel ( back wards ) for taller drivers.....
but I will know more about the tech specs later and will post.
Amen. Just a couple of inches more would be great.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts