Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Has anyone installed the NEO iPod connector in a Prius?

http://www.carplayer.com

Visit the above link to see the NEO iPod connector. See the diagram to see how easy it is.

This device is simply an adapter that plugs into the iPod on one end, and the other end plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the stock radio.

My 2005 Prius should be here any day now, and I would love to connect in my G4 iPod, and control the iPod via the car stereo and steering wheel controls, and also charge my iPod with the same cable.

I am worried about...

1) it voiding the warranty...
2) how I am going to get it installed (I don't feel comfortable with just anyone installing something in the Prius)...

Any additional information would be great! Thanks everyone!

Joe

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
It won't void your warranty any more than an XM radio or external CD changer would. Sounds simple enough to install, once you get behind the radio, it appears to plug into the aux port of the header like the XM or CD Changers do. Check out posts on installing XM radio for clues. Most info is on PriusChat, which is down right now.

By the way, I was checking out the repair manual regarding AVC diagnostic codes. It appears Sirius is a recognized device.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Wow. Getting a $300-$600 iPod working in a $20,000-$30,000 car is worth $20,000 to $30,000? I'd be happy to do the install for you for half of what you consider it worth! (i.e. I'll only charge you $10,000 for the install. I'll fly out the day you take possession of your Prius, have it installed while you're still signing the paperwork, and heck, I'll even throw in a 60GB iPod photo, loaded with your favorite 100 CDs music!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha

haha...

taking me literally, huh?

I am actually paying a certified Prius tech at Toyota under the table to install it after hours.

I am dating the girl I bought the Prius from and she has a LOT of hookups.

:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts