Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering purchasing a Prius (package #6) and have just begun "shopping". Because demand is high, will dealers negotiate? I'd rather know my odds before donning my armour. :?:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Depending on where you are located, there should be enough supply that dealers are discounting. In my case (I live in Metro Detroit), the most I've gotten off for a Prius locally was $500 with a 2 month wait. I wanted to beat the Aug. $300 price increase so I searched outside of the state. The result, $1,000 of MSRP, free delivery from a dealership 700 miles away, and I got my Prius in 4 days.

The resources on priusonline and priuschat are amazing. I'm convinced if I found these sites before I bought I could have easliy saved another $500.

Good luck!

·
Registered
232 Posts
will dealers negotiate?
does a bear.......oh..nevermind.....
of course they will.....
Depends on some factors.....
-Time of the month (end is best)
-Your market......
-The dealership

I bought in So. Calif this past March for $700 under MSRP......
My Brother in North Carolina just purchased a #4 for $1000 under MSRP...

Shop around.....stick to your guns....

Good luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought mine in March of this year in Southern California as well. I paid MSRP. I researched the purchase and spoke with many dealers in my area, all who were charging anywhere from 1000.00 to 5000.00 over MSRP with a wait. I don't pay over Sticker for a car and never will, so I was happy to find a dealer who charged Sticker and had my car delivered to me within 3 days.

The other day I went to the Dealership where I bought my Prius to look a the Highlander Hybrid. They didn't have any Prii on the lot, but were stillcharging Sticker with no wait (firtst come first serve)

Off topic: The Highlander they had was the Limited Version and they were charging an extra 5000.00.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought mine in March of this year in Southern California as well. I paid MSRP. I researched the purchase and spoke with many dealers in my area, all who were charging anywhere from 1000.00 to 5000.00 over MSRP with a wait. I don't pay over Sticker for a car and never will, so I was happy to find a dealer who charged Sticker and had my car delivered to me within 3 days.

The other day I went to the Dealership where I bought my Prius to look a the Highlander Hybrid. They didn't have any Prii on the lot, but were stillcharging Sticker with no wait (firtst come first serve)

Off topic: The Highlander they had was the Limited Version and they were charging an extra 5000.00 for total purchase price of $46,000.00 (out the door around $52,000.00) :shock:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discounts in Delaware

Purchased for my wife a Tideland Pearl, Pkg 6 for $25,500.00, Factory Sticker was $26,766.00 including Carpet Floor Mats & Cargo Mat. Love this car. Actually thinking I might get one for myself, and I have most always driven sports cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts